You are here
Senior Formulation Engineer
About Our Client
Nanomi, based in Oldenzaal, is a drug delivery company developing pharmaceutical products based on nano- as well as microparticles. These particles are developed by using Nanomi's microfluidic Monosphere Technology, enabling the manufacturing of very unique and uniform custom-made particles for a broad range of pharmaceutical products. In 2014 Nanomi was acquired by Lupin and became its center of excellence for complex injectables. Nanomi offers a highly innovative as well as dynamic environment and benefits from its parent company that was founded in 1968.
Lupin is an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company developing and delivering a wide range of branded & generic formulations, biotechnology products and APIs globally. The company is a significant player in the Cardiovascular, Diabetology, Asthma, Pediatric, CNS, GI, Anti-Infective and NSAID space and holds global leadership position in the Anti-TB segment.
Lupin is the 5th and the 7th largest generics pharmaceutical company by market capitalisation and sales globally (March 31st, 2016, Bloomberg). The Company is the 5th largest pharmaceutical player in the US by prescriptions (4.68% market share - IMS Health, National Prescription Audit, March 2016); the 3rd largest Indian pharmaceutical company by revenues; the 6th largest generic pharmaceutical player in Japan and the 4th largest generic pharmaceutical company in South Africa (IMS Health, March 2016).
In this position you will prepare the batches and formulations of complex injectables using their proprietary 'micro sieve' technology for our development projects. You will work with several analytical methods such as particle sizes, viscosity, density a.o. One of your main responsibilities will be developing and implementing new processing/formulation techniques and equipment for predefined unit-operations. Therefore, you will have hands-on activities in one of the laboratories for around 50% of the time. The team exists of ten scientists and engineers and you will report directly to the Head of Formulation Development.
As a Senior Formulation Engineer you need to be pro-active and have a practical approach. We are looking for someone who enjoys an entrepreneurial bio-tech atmosphere and also being part of a transnational organisation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write detailed experimental plans and reports on work defined by the project team;
- Tracks results into laboratory notebooks, batch records and templates to obtain (graphical) overviews ready for data interpretation;
- Assists in setting Quality Control (QC) product specifications from the perspective of production processes;
- Act as point of contact for suppliers of equipment and chemicals.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of a BSc (HLO) degree in life sciences (food, (bio)pharma, medical devices, (bio)chemistry or similar);
- Injectables formulation experience;
- Formulation and process development skills;
- Experience with GPM and polymers is a plus;
- Creative mind with flexible attitude towards technology feasibility, but also result oriented and able to operate well conform set deadlines;
- Excellent communicator with a fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Optimist, extrovert and practical.
What's on Offer
- One year contract with the intention for extension to an indefinite contract;
- Competitive salary;
- Attractive secondary benefits;
- Interesting opportunities for career progression.