You are here
Senior Development Chemist (Belgium)
- Specialist in Silicate Chemistry needed
- Be at the leading edge of the Sector
About Our Client
Coolant technology is moving towards new technology horizons and requirements. The combined enhanced industry drivers together with customer specific needs results in a need for products with improved additive technologies.
The main areas of responsibility for the role will be;
- To develop new coolant formulations with stable silicate chemistry that meet market requirements and ensure continuity of having the leading edge in the market.
- Ensuring the transfer of formulation data to key stakeholders to support effective product commercialisation.
- Project managing and developing programs with selected customers.
- Planning projects and carrying out experiments or investigations into parts of the coolant additive or product development projects.
- Preparing detailed analyses of data generated in experiments and identifying, planning and reporting aspects related to larger projects.
- Acquiring and expanding knowledge in the field of coolant technology through literature surveys and contacts with industry, OEMs, technical societies and universities.
- Contributing to joint projects with research facilities and industrial partners whilst representing the company by participating in professional societies and technical committees related to research activities.
- Participating in strategy development, knowledge sharing and cross-communication between different functional groups.
- Monitoring and developing knowledge and an understanding of all regional product needs as well as market and customer trends.
- Identifying areas for strategic research to enhance the IP portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to complement the IP portfolio of an already well established business and play a key role in the future of the product portfolio whilst remaining at the leading edge of the Silicate industry.
The Successful Applicant
With such a key role it is important we find the right person, therefore, to be considered for the role you must display the following;
- A masters or Ph.D. degree in an appropriate field (Chemistry, Engineering) and 10-15 years of experience in water based silicate chemistry.
- At least 5 years' experience in R&D.
- A working knowledge of English with a good knowledge of at least one additional European language.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other research personnel combined with the ability to work co-operatively as part of a global multi-functional and multi-cultural team.
- A proven record of effective execution, inspirational and innovative with strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities and a creative look towards addressing technical challenges.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritise and manage work loads.
- Be willing to be based in Belgium
What's on Offer
We are offering an exceptional salary and package to attract the right talent into the business