You are here
Senior Consultant Regulatory Management
Senior Consultant Regulatory Management
Building up a New Business Support Team
About Our Client
An international operating bank.
Compliance with (international) client transparency regulations, such as Financial Economic Crime (FEC), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Common Reporting Standards (CRS), Qualified Intermediary) QI is essential to continue offering products to our clients.
One of the enablers of the Think Forward strategy is operational excellence. Streamlining our expertise, processes and tools will have a massive impact on the quality of client services that we're able to offer and will greatly improve our customer experience as well as the time-to-market of new solutions.
The Regulatory Control Domain, together with the local expert centers, will play a vital role to ensure compliance with these regulations in an effective and efficient way by, amongst others, concentrating the required knowledge and experience and using one integrated workforce planning and robust tooling
As a Senior Consultant you will be based in Amsterdam and report hierarchically and functionally the Head of Global Regulatory Control Management.
In your role as consultant you will support and challenge the Centers of Excellence on Regulatory Control Management and its stakeholders in defining its regulatory control management plan and its local regulatory control management model, which should be fully aligned with the global regulatory control management Target Operating Model. In addition, you track the timely progress of the plan and effective implementation of controls to manage client transparency risks. You will also act as a catalyst between Centers of Excellence on Regulatory Control Management and its stakeholders to achieve defined regulatory control management objectives and specific goals.
The complexity of the assignments and the international setting requires for you to cooperate in and with the international network. No day will be the same!
Your main tasks
- Pro-actively support the business in implementing effective control management on client transparency risks. You will work with senior management, the local centers of excellence on regulatory control management and value chain owners to design and implement solutions to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control environment in an international context.
- Functionally steer the local centers of expertise on control management activities to reach adequate level of maturity.
- You drive the discussion on the organizational end state of each domain / country, continuously improving and extending the design of the model and aligning it with and communicating it to all stakeholders.
- Periodically verify & certify the effectiveness of local regulatory control management activities and ensure timely and complete global sign-off process on control management activities
- Continuously monitors risks and controls by means of a country dashboards
- Escalates risk management gaps, issues and concerns to head of global regulatory control management.
- Responsible for communicating the global regulatory control management model to senior stakeholders.
- Site visits to other countries in order to understand the lines of businesses, deep dive into their specific issues and problems and create solutions
- Communication efforts derived from the communication plan
The Successful Applicant
- As a Control Consultant you are skilled, professionally sceptic, knowledgeable and solution oriented. You have in-depth knowledge of internal control structures and preferably have an in-depth understanding of administrative organisation and internal control (AO/IC).
- You pro-actively share your knowledge and experience with management and staff across value chains and countries.
- From an operational point of view you will provide hands-on support in identifying control weaknesses and (support) the implementation of control structures globally.
- Have an academic degree and preferably are in the possession of a certification in FATCA, CRS, FEC or AML.
- Have 6 to 15 years relevant work experience in the areas of Wholesale Banking, Retail Banking, Risk, Finance or Information technology.
- Have (international) experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of business processes, risks and associated controls;
- Have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project management is advantageous);
- Built bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures
- Are persuasive; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders
- Are willing to travel at least 8 weeks per year
What's on Offer