You are here
Senior Commercial Counsel - Pipeline
About Our Client
For a global energy services company we are recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel with focus on (i) commercial oil and gas pipeline transactions, including coating and field jointing; (ii) onshore and offshore midstream inspection services and (iii) upstream inspection, asset management and data services.
As Senior Legal Counsel your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements including but not limited to vendor/procurement or sales/service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and licensing, distribution and manufacturing agreements, leasing, services and consulting agreements, IT and business process outsourcing agreements
- Provide regional compliance support to the Company's business units , including advice concerning anti-boycott laws, anti-bribery laws, antitrust/competition law, economic sanctions and import/export controls, regulations and laws relating to liquids pipelines.
- Assist with the design and implementation of education and training programs for employees whose functions involve compliance with laws or standards of conduct.
- Work with and advise business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions, maintaining a high level of professionalism, diplomacy and outstanding business judgment.
- Handle litigation and other legal assignments in accordance with guidelines established by the Corporate Law Department.
The Successful Applicant
- Master degree in Law;
- Minimum of 7 years of post qualification experience, including leading law firm and in house counsel experience;
- Strong knowledge of complex commercial transactions;
- Ability to support contract review and negotiation, and other general transactional matters, preferably with experience in construction, oil and gas and general corporate law;
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently, able to prioritize among many competing projects, and have excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Active membership and good standing in at least one state/country bar.
What's on Offer
Challenging position in an international organisation.