You are here
- A multinational with premium products sold worldwide
- A bachelor education procurement professional, experienced in food and packaging
About Our Client
Our client is a $2,2 Billion subsidiary of a Large Global Multinational and the leader in their field. Hill's Pet Nutrition is part of the Colgate Group.
Currently we are searching for a Raw/Packaging Material Buyer, based at our manufacturing facility in Etten-Leur. This role has a strategic European scope and an attached spend exceeding €50MM.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for an adequate supply of raw and packaging materials to our production facilities throughout Europe. They are instrumental in driving company savings initiatives and with supplier and internal customer input they develop and implement strategies, operating plans, sustainability plan and contingency plans to meet company objectives. They need to make sure that contracts are in place for each material with selected suppliers and that optimal quality / quantity, cost, delivery and other terms and conditions are met.
- Ensures communication and alignment with our business partners and leads supplier development initiatives.
- Leads supplier development - regular supplier evaluation meetings, project reviews, innovation meetings, sets goals to suppliers to improve their performance (sustainability, innovation, cost, quality, service). Drives continuous improvement initiatives
- Identifies, develops, and leads company savings initiatives to meet overall company goals.
- Participates in the development of sourcing strategies and negotiates contract conditions with suppliers; involves the appropriate internal stakeholders. Conducts tenders (including e-RFP's).
- Responsible for monitoring commodity price movements.
- Risk Management Initiatives - Execute ESM audit plan, deliver contracts coverage goal, implement action plans to mitigate supply disruption risks, single source plans, sustainability/social responsibility.
- Manages and resolves material quality and service issues.
- Cost management - identifies and breaks down the cost items in order to provide financial forecasts (Budget, LE's).
- Evaluate material portfolio - identify opportunities to reduce complexity and challenge the business from adding complexity
- Actively maintains market knowledge base (supply/demand/pricing).
- Builds network with Internal stakeholders, including the EU procurement teams, partner with internal stakeholders & suppliers to drive growth through innovation.
- Creates SAP contracts/POs for packaging materials, creates master data.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Bachelor degree, Engineering or Business preferred.
- Fluent in English. French or German is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- International experience is an advantage; Manufacturing/plant experience and/or experience in other Global Supply Chain functions is an advantage.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a cross-cultural environment, problem solving and strategic thinking ability, curiosity, results oriented, able to analyse and interpret figures.
- Relationship Building: Establishing trust; initiating and developing long-term relationships and networks as a key priority.
- Influence/Negotiation: Developing an environment that facilitates cooperation; seeking mutually beneficial solutions; persisting in the resolution of important issues.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Works effectively other functions; Shows ability to communicate clearly, simply and effectively
- Sourcing and Contracting: Managing the process of finding, evaluating, engaging, contracting and managing suppliers of goods and services.
- Analytical skills, problem solving and strategic thinking ability.
- Negotiation: Developing and delivering negotiation plans to secure company interests in alignment with local, division and global business plans.
- Project Management: Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Utilization of Procurement Processes and Tools: Leveraging procurement tools and processes to improve analytical and decision making capabilities.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and:
- Pension free;
- 25 holidays plus 13 ATV;
- Bonus, maximum 14%;
- Fully covered insurance package.