You are here
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst Supply Chain and Commercial
Multinational chemical company
About Our Client
Multinational chemical company.
Team member with a passion to drive business outcomes through sensing organizational needs and priorities in the domain of Supply Chain and Commercial. This role will provide business analyst and project management capabilities within Information Technology to ensure all initiatives and programs are delivered on the behalf of our clients.
Through effective building of strong relationships with the business, the IT Senior Business Analyst Supply Chain and Commercial should stimulate demand for high value business opportunities and shepherd ideas from concept through funding and delivery.
The IT Senior Business Analyst Supply Chain and Commercial is a business savvy leader to shape and influence business demand for IT services anticipating needs and proactively provide strategic alternatives.
The position requires significant interaction with leaders in the company, strategic aptitude, with financial and analytic skills, and ability to effectively communicate and facilitate decisions.
- Provide external sensing relative to industry and non-industry trends, both current and future
- Provide strategic consultation to clients in defining, designing, and internally marketing enabling technologies based on client goals
- Inform/influence business strategies, processes & principles
- Inform business leadership on "accelerators" that can be leveraged for information, systems, and emerging technologies
- Facilitate agreement on organizational work models to meet business requirements
- Participate in strategy development, including strategic analysis, opportunity identification, and business value cases
- Ensure IT portfolio is aligned to the respective business strategy
- Seek ways to improve business outcomes through the reuse of existing technology and application of new technology
- Ensure delivery capabilities are aligned to current and future business needs
- Ensure all initiatives and programs are delivered on behalf of the business
- Develop multi-year roadmaps aligned to long-term business strategies and objectives
- Manage a project portfolio to ensure programs and solutions are delivered on behalf of the business
- Manage demand through business-based conversations (versus IT-based)
- Optimize mix of initiatives and activities in terms of both value and risk to steer IT resources to greatest business return
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, management information systems, or related discipline
- Experience in the Petrochemical Industrial sector with strong business acumen
- 7+ years of experience implementing supply chain initiatives using SAP with PLM / PP/QM a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and organization change management
- Experience in discerning true business requirements rather than wants
- Driven change agent willing to push against the status quo of the organization
- Strong knowledge of project management and project financial analysis
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
What's on Offer
A challenging position as IT Business Partner in an international company with a good remuneration package.