You are here
Statutory and Compliance controller
About Our Client
International manufacturer and trader of electronics. B2B business
Manage the general accounting activities including treasury and work with management and other departments to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financials, reconciliations, internal and external financial statements, audits, accurate input for target planning. Optimizing systems and processes to improve support to the business.
Daily Finance and Closing
- Ensure daily finance tasks are executed properly and accurately reflected in the accounting records.
- Secure accuracy and timeliness of cut off, journal entry postings, reporting and reconciliations for financials to support HQ closing and consolidation.
- Secure overall alignment within all finance areas including credit control & collection, accounts payable and tax
- Adhere to and improve the period ending closing schedule, within the rules and regulations of the company to ensure a smooth closing process.
- Ensure local statutory reporting requirements are met including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Manage internal and external audits.
- Manage all bank activities include bank reconciliations, disbursements, guarantees, collection vehicles such as SEPA DD, Riba, Cheques.
- Manage cashflow, working capital, FX reporting, netting and other requirements set by Treasury.
- Secure timely and accurate payment of agents
- Support credit notes for claims to ensure timely and accurate recording and processing
- Support team members in executing their tasks.
- Monitor and lead the relationship with SSCE. Support team members in their role and responsibilities.
- Support business where required based on priorities set by management.
- Continuously improve and develop accounting, policies and procedures, process and internal control to support the business
- Support team members and other colleagues with optimizing GERP system. Develop super user roles within finance
- Ensure master data accuracy and work with team member to utilize systems as best as possible
Mainstakeholders : CFO, CEO, FD, Shared Service Center, Auditors, local branches
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Controlling or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 3 to 5 years in INTERNATIONAL (EMEA) Finance within a mid-sized organization.
- Experience with compliance and internal control.
- SAP knowledge (must)
- Ability to work in a complex environment
- Proven motivated and inspirational professional with energy, open mind and team spirit, and the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- English fluent and any additional European language (French, German..)
- Flexible / no 9-5 worker / Dynamic
- Wants to work in a start up environment where many things have to be set up
What's on Offer
International and set up environement