You are here
- Looking for a strong accountant with business controlling ambitions
- Position with great growth potential
About Our Client
The client is a highly innovative manufacturing company.
We are looking for an ambitious, hands-on Senior Accountant to further strengthen the finance team. The Senior Accountant shares the team's responsibility for safeguarding, and improving the quality of our corporate accounting, while also ensuring adherence to internal SOX procedures. He or she is primarily responsible for the month-end closing, GL account reconciliation and intercompany balance matching. Other duties include updating the standard cost of new products, the preparation of annual statutory accounts, and contact with internal and external auditors. This position reports to the Plant Controller in the Netherlands. The Finance team consists of 5 members in total. The Senior Accountant is a senior member of the Finance team.
- Month-end closing accounting entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Analyzing actual - budget variances
- Ensure compliance with internal SOX requirements.
- Preparation of the annual statements of 3 local legal entities (Dutch GAAP).
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
- Review intercompany billings, reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Fixed asset accounting.
- Calculate and update the standard cost of new products.
- Assist the Plant Controller in preparing the annual corporate budget and strategic plan.
- Contact with Internal Audit, and external auditors.
- Special projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 5+ years accounting experience in an international business environment.
- Finance/Business Education (Bachelor or Master).
- Sense of urgency and ability to work in fast paced office environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Advanced expertise in Excel.
- Intermediate accounting and business control expertise in SAP.
- Exposure to SOX highly desirable.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
What's on Offer
- Exiting position in leading, highly innovative, international company.
- Enjoyable work environment, with prospect of career growth.
- Competitive remuneration package, including a bonus component.