You are here
Sales Manager - IT
Our client is the leading owner, operator, and developer of data centres .
Experience in the data centre industry is a preference.
About Our Client
Our client is the leading owner, operator, and developer of large scale, carrier neutral, multi-tenanted data centres in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
The role is primarily focused on and accountable for delivering new lettings and retaining existing business.
It is anticipated that the role will participate in all stages of the sales process, including contract negotiations and the entitlement to commission under the sales commission plan which will reflect the level of direct involvement in each new letting.
- Development and realization of an annual Sales plan.
- Achieving the lettings targets as set out in the annual business plan.
- Pro-actively generate leads within existing customer base and new prospects:
- Identifying vertical markets and sub markets with primarily colocation data centre needs prioritise target companies within those markets by conducting research and using existing knowledge of the marketplace.
- To identify the key stakeholders and influencers within, or outside of, the target companies and engaging with them. This may or may not include intermediaries' e.g. inward investment agencies, Local Authorities, Chambers of Commerce, consultant advisors;
- To respond to requests for information or proposals effectively and within any specified time constraints by liaising internally as necessary to obtain the necessary information and present it in a professional and factually correct manner.
- To negotiate and conclude terms with prospect customers, ensuring all internal due diligence and authorization procedures are followed from the initial enquiry stage through customer presentations, proposals and on to final negotiations and closing of the contract, ensuring all internal due diligence and authorization procedures are followed.
- Precise local customer needs should be determined in conjunction with the local management team and an ongoing relationship developed with customers to help them manage any changing requirements, to fulfil current and future needs.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered, the ideal candidate will be/have:
- A suitable education on Bachelor or Master level;
- Minimum of five years IT accrued experience which demonstrates leading complex negotiations, over an extended period of time;
- Experience in the data centre industry is a preference;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; ability to relate well to customers from a variety of backgrounds and positions;
- Demonstrable senior level customer facing experience which combines both commercial and engineering aspects;
- Self-starter and comfortable working on own initiative, able to achieve results through people;
- Self-confident, pro-active, enthusiastic, competitive, must have the ability to motivate, influence and persuade others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English, as the role requires consistent reporting and provision of a high quality of information externally and internally.
What's on Offer
The fixed salary is around €80K per year (including holiday allowance) + bonus.