You are here
Looking for a Retail Controller
Global Retail Business Controller
About Our Client
Our client is a globally operating retail company with over 3300 stores in 20 countries and 6000 employees worldwide.
Currently the Group is looking for a talented, pragmatic, no nonsense Global Retail Business Controller to join
the Finance & Control team in Rotterdam.
In this role, you will directly report to the Senior Global Business Controller and work both at the international holding level as well as close to the business in local country organizations. As a Global Retail Business Controller, you will be first contact, for your assigned countries, for the business control cycle, including budgeting, reporting, performance reviews, business analyses and active participation in local projects. Furthermore, you will be responsible for a variety of central assignments, such as reporting activities, data analysis, Internal Controls Framework and benchmark studies. The role offers an excellent opportunity for ambitious young finance professionals to obtain experience in a dynamic retail business environment. High performers will subsequently be asked to move into a linemanagement position in one of the operating companies. Therefore we are looking for somebody that is willing to move abroad.
The Successful Applicant
* Academic degree;
* 3 years of relevant work experience within a retail company, preferably a background with audit practice at 'Big 4'
* High degree of autonomy, combining strong analytics with a pragmatic attitude
* Comfortable in working with data and performing data analysis;
* Team player, without losing own identity and objectivity;
* Adequate empathy to deal with both store employees as well as management
* Pro-active, great enthusiasm and ambition;
* Fluent in English (and preferably Dutch and a third language);
* Willingness to travel; ambition to build an international career in finance.
What's on Offer
This job offers a great learning span for business controllers that are looking to make a career for themselves. In a couple of years you will be ready for the next step, a senior position abroad.