You are here
- Leading engineering&construction company in the Oil&Gas industry
- HQ position with global financial scope
About Our Client
Our client is a global natural gas based chemicals and construction company that prides itself on its entrepreneurial spirit. Over the last 50 years, the Company has grown from a small family run construction business to a global leader.
They have become a Dutch stock listed company in the beginning of 2013, it is in a phase of further strengthening and enhancing Governance, Risk management, Compliance Internal Control and Internal Auditing.
Currently we are recruiting a Reporting Specialist with growth ambitions nationally or internationally
- Key member of the Finance team working to streamline and shorten the close and reporting cycle; roll-out and implement a monthly consolidation process.
- A key contributor of the monthly and quarterly closing and consolidation process. Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of consolidation and external financial reporting and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Consolidation of the worldwide financial statements and other operating data for actual, budget, and forecast purposes. Maintain the consolidation working papers, and the adjusting and elimination entries. Analyze monthly business unit financial statements and other related correspondence included in consolidated financial data.
- Work closely with Components, Treasury, Tax, and Financial Reporting and Planning functions to ensure the quality, accuracy and consistency of the financial data reported in the general ledger and consolidation system.
- Coordinate and prepare the financial and statistical data utilized in the: Annual Report, quarterly Board of Directors package, and monthly financial reporting package.
- Work effectively across the company's functional organizations. Promote effective lateral communication and coordination across groups, both internal and external to the Finance function, to improve efficiency and achieve desired results.
- Assist in the annual audit of the consolidated financial information with the external auditors.
- Research and resolve various accounting issues and questions that arise at the corporate and group levels.
- Conduct financial studies and analyses as requested by management and further improve the quality of information collected in the month-end closing process.
- Perform other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CA or Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of related experience at a headquarter/corporate office working environment in international publicly listed companies, specifically with multi-tiered consolidations.
- Expert current knowledge of IFRS accounting and auditing standards, and Dutch regulatory requirements.
- Strong business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills with ability to generate business insights that add measurable value. Knowledge of current trends in finance and functional best practices related to position responsibilities.
- Excellent workload prioritization, resource management, and project management skills. Develops and manages processes that are effective and efficient.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an international matrix environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintain effective working relationships across the company, at divisional, functional, and corporate levels
- Proven adaptive capability and demonstrated familiarity with organizational change.
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Experience with consolidated financial systems (Hyperion preferred), both internal and external financial reporting and consolidated financial analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
What's on Offer
Strong base salary with good secondary benefits