You are here
Regional Sales Manager Germany, Austria and Swiss
- Regional Sales Manager Germany, Austria and Swiss
About Our Client
Global FMCG Company
As Regional Sales Manager Germany, Austria and Swiss, you will be responsible for sales, budget, forecast,
gross margin, development of sales strategy and business development of all the customers in the region.
The Regional Sales Manager Germany, Austria and Swiss will report directly to the Commercial Director
EMEA will work closely together with the 3 other Regional Sales Managers and Commercial Manager. Due
to the strong international nature of the company, you will closely interact with your international
colleagues in European office in Amsterdam and Global office in Dallas.
You will be given the accountability to further develop the commercial activities with new customers and
our existing customers and will manage one Account Manager GAS and one Sales Rep Germany.
The key responsibilities are:
- Full ownership of budget, Sales forecast, Gross Margin responsibility for the total region
- Obtaining profitable sales growth in the Germany, Austria and Swiss.
- Development in close cooperation with the Commercial Director, Commercial Manager and
Account manager of a growth plan for the business in Germany, Austria and Swiss in line with the
5-year growth plan, focusing on sustainable long term growth based on multiple sales driver
(increase distribution, perfect instore execution, perfect online execution, optimization of
assortment, perfect pricing & promotion and online strategy.
- Development of price management: list price, RSP and dilution for the region
- Development of promotional management: RPP, discount and value creation for the region
- Assortment management: # skus per category, gaps/opportunities/exclusives
- Identify and execution of Marketing online/ Instore opportunities for the region
- Responsible for the top accounts (Gold and Silver customers)
- Joint business planning for the Gold/Silver customers in the region
- Responsible for building long-term relationships and loyalty with (key) retailers, both online and
traditional retail and continuously detect new opportunities for the organization
- Responsible for negotiation and contract management and provide guidance to account managers
- Traveling to customer's minimal ones a quarter.
- Tradeshows attendance is required (2-3 times a year)
- Coaching, managing, training of two direct reports (Account manager and Sales Rep)
- Reporting into Commercial Director EMEA
The Successful Applicant
- Master degree in economics and / or business administration
- 6-10 years of experience in a commercial role
- Experience within the FMCG sector
- Ideally with a relevant strong and well established network
- Experience in full responsibility of budget, sales and gross margin is key.
- Strong sales, negotiation and contracting skills.
- Analytical, result driven, entrepreneurial mentality but also very professional
- A person that want to drive change, make the difference and bring the business to the next level.
Think out of the box.
- A self-starter, flexible / adaptable in an international team environment and able to work remotely
- Action orientated self-motivated sales professional with demonstrable business acumen
- Excellent listener and communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Languages: Native German and Fluently English is a must
- Location based: Amsterdam
What's on Offer
Depending on experience.