You are here
Raw Materials Buyer
- Raw Materials Buyer
- Negotiate and manage agreements
About Our Client
This client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.
- Develop and implement the direct spend procurement strategies and plans in line with the company's and functional teams' strategy, goals and budgets;
- centralizing purchasing needs, while ensuring connectivity with other -EMEA countries;
- alignment with Global RMS strategies;
- continuously monitor external factors and conditions such as supply and demand, price trends and regulatory requirement/restrictions.
- Liaise with functional teams and Global RMS to develop sourcing plans for each spend category;
- analyse the markets to identify new trends and opportunities (e.g. alternative suppliers, positions management) to ensure the best cost effectiveness for the company and reduce potential dependence on the negative trends for the materials/ services used;
- ensure application of procedures and Best Practices by all stakeholders in the process.
- Negotiate and manage agreements with regional/local suppliers for the local Micros portfolio;
- select Suppliers in accordance with this companies guiding principles, local regulations, sourcing policies, quality and service requirements and optimal cost for the business;
- manage and develop relationships with local/regional Suppliers not covered by Global RMS;
- create market insight and have BATNA's (best alternative to a negotiated agreement) available;
- ensure the best possible TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and quality conditions;
- support and implement locally Global RMS initiatives and best practices;
- frequently update the knowledge in the specific supply markets and provide meaningful feedback to Global RMS.
- Prepare Ingredient pricing recommendations for discussion with Stakeholders (RMS Director, Sales Mgrs, Regional Directors, Finance and Pricing functions) and understand margin impact of ingredient pricing changes;
- actively participate in the Ingredient pricing meetings to finalize pricing of ingredients;
- prepare ingredient pricing recommendations for tender pricing as needed.
- Monitor Suppliers performance on service and quality according to requirements;
- monitor processes and policies application and recommend improvements;
- Create various reports to monitor and communicate several set procurement KPI's;
- consolidate data in the EMEA region for meaningful KPI reporting;
- communicate meaningful Ingredient market information to stakeholders via for example a written bi-weekly market update.
- Continuously improve ways of working e.g. more efficient ways of handling data;
- actively connect with other EMEA locations to share knowledge and improve the ways of working;
- actively connect with the internal stakeholders, especially with the local Supply Chain team in The Netherlands.
- Build and maintain a network of key contacts and stakeholders;
- to ensure development of a well-structured and managed Ingredient pipeline to support business strategy;
- articulate knowledge and experience in markets with processes, procedures and best practices;
- timely and accurate communication with stake holders.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum Bsc degree;
- min 3-5 year working experience in procurement is a must;
- experience in Animal Nutrition industry is highly appreciated;
- excellent communication skills (in English and Dutch), ability to negotiate and influence;
- deep and practical business acumen;
- execution capacity and organization skills, keen sense of priorities;
- willingness to challenge the teams towards adequate use of this companies resources;
- strong knowledge of procurement process and good understanding of contractual law;
- strong understanding of the main cost components and appropriate market knowledge;
- commitment to serve and customer focus;
- accuracy, reliability and process honoring;
- ability to liaise and engage with different stakeholders and other functions.
What's on Offer
In return for your expertise and commitment, this company will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. They also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.