You are here
Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager with Retail experience
- Global Retail brand
About Our Client
Our client operates in the Retail Sector and is headquartered in Brabant, the Netherlands. They offer a wide variety of products for consumers as well as the business to business market.
The Company has an open culture, values innovation and above all is looking for professionals to join them that truly have a customer focused mentality.
Being the expert in his/her functional area the Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to manage, co-ordinate and organize the product quality for all product developed under and the company's trademarks in line with EU norms & regulations and function according to customer expectations. In line with corporate guidelines and (business) plans, in order to ensure the realization of objectives of the assigned unit.
- Develop, manage and ensure realization of year plan and budget for all Quality assurance related areas, more specifically as a result of pre-production testing, factory quality management system (QMS) assessments, shipment inspection, or general quality testing for the company's own brands. He/she will plan and follow-up QA activities according to the project requirements and priorities set forth by business.
- Develop and improve policies and procedures to manage the Quality assurance program , ensure business buy in and monitor implementation. Liaise with the quality assurance departments in the USA and Asia to ensure that the European processes are aligned with global procedures. He/she will be the driving force in managing QA of own brand projects and will provide steer and support to the Category teams.
- Ensure expertise and advice are delivered and partner with the business in finding solutions to existing or potential issues and challenges in order to improve product quality and quality perception.
- Drive the continuous development and improvement of tools, methodologies, work processes for own domain and partner with the business in the implementation.
- Ensure external environment around Quality assurance is scanned, best practices identified in view of business priorities and develop and improve service delivery accordingly
- Accountable for monthly reporting and monitoring of the project statuses and initiate QA activities to ensure product quality and conformity.
- Build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders or clients and agree on priorities and service levels. Maintain and develop communication with the QA management, engineers and auditors, internally at the company in Asia and externally at factories and suppliers. He/she will build relationships with test laboratories that provide test facilities and help developing test protocols for the company.
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and increase enablement.
The Successful Applicant
- Vocational level of thinking with 8-10 years of relevant experience or higher vocational level of thinking with 6-8 years of relevant experience in quality management, experience working within retail, distribution, or manufacturing environment.
- Is able to explain and convince internal and external parties beyond content driven arguments and is able to appeal to interest, culture and level of others. Drives change.
- Makes choices between various existing solutions. Tailors solutions to business needs.
- Business Acumen: knowledge of the retail industry.
- Customer Focus: dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Managing Vision and Purpose: creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision.
- Motivating others: invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility.
- Drive for Results: can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Organizational Agility: knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network.
- Priority Setting: create focus and reach deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Extensive process orientation and creative problem solving capabilities.
- Fluency in English. Dutch, French, or German is an asset.
What's on Offer
- Good remuneration package.
- Working in an international environment.
- Personal development opportunities.