You are here
QHSE & Compliance Manager
Growth and development of personal and professional career
About Our Client
Every employee of Thetford in Etten-Leur has a passion for camping and travelling. With this passion they develop and innovate high quality sanitary systems, refrigerators, cooking equipment and sanitary products for the camping and water sports market. Products with a high quality which can be expected from an international market leader.
From 8 offices in Europe, Australia and China, around 600 employees work together on product innovation and product improvement to gain the best result possible for their clients. Core values such as cooperation, entrepreneurship, client- and service driven, working with passion, taking responsibility, flexibility and transparent communication are the binding factor for every employee within Thetford.
The QHSE & Compliance Manager organizes, optimizes and secures the Quality assurance and EHS tasks and activities for the organization, and initiates, monitors and is contact person for compliance tasks and activities.
- Initiate, implement and improve QSE policies, systems and processes (i.a. according to standards such as the ISO 9001)
- Analyzing, managing, executing and monitoring of (internal and external) auditing programs, quality data and the subsequent quality improvement processes
- Support handling of (internal and external) complaints and non-conformities for both containment and preventive actions
- Analyzing and optimizing of company processes and working relations in cooperation with the process owners
- Analyzing and optimizing of company projects and working relations in cooperation with the involved managers
- Participating in multidisciplinary projects where QSE/compliance topics are part of the scope and deliverables (f.e. new product/process development or improvements)
- Coordinate Supplier Quality assurance with regard to global sourcing of raw materials, parts and finished products
- Performing (initial) supplier audits around the world
- Motivating, coaching and stimulating the QSE Team
- Putting a team of responsible professionals together (for example: Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing) for checking (potential) compliance issues and changes in the organization, and monitoring and auditing the status.
- Creating and maintaining (in the organization) knowledge and experience of legal, social and environmental regulations and trends. Monitoring of regulation changes and trends
- Being the point of contact on the area of QSE processes and compliance changes for external, certifying institutes, the (international) production branches, suppliers and management
- Aligning in the global organisation with QSE and compliance responsibles to share knowledge and experience and to bring the processes to a higher level
- Leading and steering the Issue & Request Board to manage product issues and changes through the company
- Coordinating of 8D teams for quick response to product related issues
- Chairperson of the EHS committee
- Being one of the "Preventiemedewerkers" (Prevention officers) and being one of the BHV'ers
- Reports to the Director Operations
- Subordinates are the employees from the QSE department
- Member of the Middle Management Team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor work & knowledge level (technical/ business studies)
- 5 years of (international) managing experience (QHSE & Compliance Manager)
- 10 years of relevant experience as a QHSE & Compliance Manager (Quality/ Compliance) in an industrial environment/ Manufacturing and Production environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing / six sigma / problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of (international) environmental, health and safety regulations
- Strong communication (English!) and analytic skills
- Able to create structure to support effective and efficient company processes
What's on Offer
A challenging job in a dynamic company where you can develop and progress your career further because of the international character and growth possibilities of the organisation. Of course we offer a market conform salary, secondary package and a pleasant working environment which are all part of a custom made package.