You are here
Public and Regulatory Affairs
- a leading international tobacco product manufacturer listed in Fortune's Global
- Public and Regulatory Affairs
About Our Client
JTI is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies, a leading international tobacco product manufacturer listed in Fortune's Global 500. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, JTI has about 26,000 employees across the world representing more than 100 nationalities. The company markets world-renowned brands in more than 120 countries and has 90 offices.
You will assist, support and represent the CA&C Director in areas of regulation, tobacco taxation, anti illicit trade- and Youth Access Prevention programs. The focus here is on managing legislation, tobacco- and emerging products (E-Vaping) regulations and European legislation and also on communicating the necessary information internally
Technical analysis on regulatory and legislative developments in country and at EU level and the impact on the tobacco sector and contribute to the development of comprehensive strategies to address new regulatory threats and opportunities to the business - including the use of communications, advocacy tools and political tactics
You will manage and monitor JTI projects with regards to Community Investment and Corporate Responsibility and will provide follow up to Regional and/or HQ function requests in those fields.
You will take care of internal contacts and communication towards internal stakeholders mainly in the Dutch office.
In short, you will work on all levels: strategic, tactical and operational and you should realize you will be working quite independently in a high pressure environment.
In this position you are part of the Corporate Affairs & Communication team for the Netherlands and report to the CA&C Director Netherlands, while also working very closely with the same team in our Belgium office within a Benelux context. Travel within the Netherlands will be part of the position (to connect with stakeholders), while travel to other countries can be applicable once in a while.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree (Master) e.g. in History, Law, Business School, Politics, Economics
- 2-3 years experience in a ministerial or parliamentary office, interest groups, consulting firm (advocating/ public affairs) or an industry association or business in either FMCG sectors such as tobacco, food, spirits, soft drinks or in the oil business or in pharmaceuticals.
- Experience and/or knowledge in issues such as: regulation, trade compliance, business ethics, corporate reputation
- Fluency in English & Dutch (both verbal and written)
- Advance MS office skills, particulary Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Analysis & Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Understanding of public decision making processes
What's on Offer
JTI proposes unique opportunities to its employees in many aspects. Its a top 25 certified top employer company (NL, europe and global 2016) where you can develop and build an outstanding career!