You are here
Projects & Applications Manager
MSF is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation
Experienced Projects & Applications Manager
About Our Client
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 350 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
Under the leadership of the Head of IT, the Projects and Applications Manager designs and oversees the IT projects and solutions that enable the organisation to efficiently run the operations. He/she provides overall leadership in the choice, the implementation and the evolution of applications and drives the implementation of continuous improvement to business processes. Applications may be of various types (cloud-based, on-premises, mobile) and in all the areas covered by MSF (medical, operation management, finance, HR, donor management, digital and communication, supply chain, IT).
Strategy and leadership
- Assist the Head of IT for defining the IT strategic orientations, the strategic plan and the yearly plan of action.
Portfolio and project management
- Maintain the portfolio of programs, projects and activities.
Applications delivery, maintenance and support
- Provide leadership in building strong partnership with the lines of business in supporting them designing, building, improving and using their business processes and the associated application solutions.
Sourcing and vendor management
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product and service selections.
Sourcing and vendor management
- Closely collaborate with the counterparts of the other Operational Centres and with the IS management platform (ISM) to define opportunities of convergence at movement level, for example through the alignment on technological standards, global projects, implementation of a global shared service centre.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years as software developer or architect
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of IT project management
- 5+ years as Head of Business Applications, Head of Competence centres, Head of Projects or Program Manager
- Experience in an international environment
- Project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Hermes, Scrum…)
- ITIL certification
- Excellent leadership skills
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, high-quality service and project delivery, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service.
- Strong capacity to manage expectations
- Capacity to lead by example and develop strong personnel performance goals.
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quality and results oriented - Autonomous and very well organised - Highly efficient - Pro-active
- Committed to MSF values
What's on Offer
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract for one year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a full time appointment (40 hours/week).
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a full time appointment and a premium-free pension plan