You are here
Globally focused Project Management role
Opportunities for career growth
About Our Client
A global market and technology leader in Pharmaceuticals.
China is the major growth market for our products, and our key competitors are Chinese. For the coming
years the supply chain and procurement function needs a real "game change" in order to continue to
drive for high business performance. Overall priority is global optimization over product lines across
BU's. The global team is expected to coordinate and drive improvement programs together with the
Supply Chain & Procurement community to deliver measurable EBITDA/OWC improvements globally. The global team operates in a very culturally diverse environment. The company is structured in a regional BU set-up with regional resources for Purchasing and Supply Chain. Functional excellence and PMC (Product Market Combination) steering is driven globally.
In your role:
- You are supporting the global team with analyzing supply chain & procurement challenges and
together with the team, formulate and develop continuous improvement proposals and execute
- Supporting the global procurement & supply chain function in providing supplier market
Intelligence (leading indicators, supplier position, etc.)
- Supporting the global functional monitoring process within each region concerning running
business as well as regional projects.
- Supporting the procurement community in harmonizing, standardizing and improving their
processes, reports and system, stimulating x-BU sharing of learnings and avoid double reporting
activities towards corporate.
- Continuously analyze critical components within the whole supply chain (client to supplier) and
formulate improvement proposals which will further increase the supply chain performance.
- Acting as the focus point for coordinating and tracking the progress on OWC improvement
initiatives (global and local) for the group.
- Develop cost models for supporting the buying community
- Responsible for the quality and update of all the procurement and supply chain procedures on
global and accountable on regional level.
- Supporting the project management office activities for corporate improvement projects and
the program management for global implementations.
The Challenge & Competences
As a Project Manager within the Supply Chain & Purchasing:
- You move flexible and respectful in a very multicultural international environment.
- Like to dig into sometimes complex worldwide supply chain and procurement processes with strong
analytical skills, energy and passion without losing the "end to end" vision
- you are structured and familiar with MS office software
- you are a quick learner
- Team player, proactive but also acting stand alone.
- Not afraid of leaving your desk in order to get connected with the right people
- Good communication skills
The Successful Applicant
- Master in Operations (focus on supply chain; knowledge on purchasing, business is a plus)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain management; also procurement would be a plus
- Knowledge about sustainability
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of Lean/6-sigma is considered a plus
- 2-3 years working experience, mainly in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with working in multicultural, multidisciplinary teams
What's on Offer
Our company stimulates ambitious candidates with a proactive behavior to take the freedom and
chances in order to develop themselves. This role is considered to be the ideal basis for career
opportunities within other departments