You are here
Product Manager, Trade Marketing, Technical Marketing, Sales
Consumer Electronics, FMCG, Retail, Gadgets, GPS
About Our Client
"We make products that are engineered on the inside for life on the outside. We do this, so our customers can make the most of the time they spend pursuing their passions. With more than 11,500 associates in 60 offices around the world, we bring GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. We think every day is an opportunity to innovate, and a chance to beat yesterday."
For the marketing department we are looking for a gadget freak, Product Manager.
Are you the new Gadget Freak (Product Manager) that fits Garmin's team in Eemnes, The Netherlands?
You have to be (native) Dutch and fluent in English for this role. It's a "hands on" role, they work in a team of 18 employees and everyone "draagt zijn steentje bij".
Provide input on new product concepts and overall product line vision focussing specifically on the needs of the Dutch market.
- Interface with EMEA product managers to assess product features and suitability for market (product testing).
- Create product marketing plans that will effectively introduce products, trade show participation and other key activities during the life cycle of the product. Translate product information and sales presentation for the Dutch market.
- Maintain research on competitive offerings and the state of the Dutch navigation product market in general, providing the information to General Manager and Account management on a regular basis.
- Coordinate between marketing and other departments in the development of product documentation, specifications, packaging, collateral material, and accessories.
- Provide inputs to the product forecast, inventory management and coordinate overall product transition plans when phasing out obsolete products.
- Provide trainings and assist Account Managers in understanding the product line and provide them with assistance in winning acceptance at dealers.
- Prices/ discounts /articles/introduction phasing data entry and maintenance in Navision.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong degree (HBO+) in marketing, business/commercial economics or other related field.
- Product management experience.
- 4+ years of proven experience in the marketing or sales of consumer electronics.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Competent with MS Office and other software packages.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven technical aptitude with consumer electronics.
What's on Offer