You are here
Process Engineer a.i.
International leader in the automotive sector
Very nice reference project
About Our Client
Manufacturer of car parts in the Automotive sector.
As a Process Engineer a.i. you are technically responsible to develop the production process for new programs / open-roof systems for the international automotive and truck industry. In this position you are part of the Process Engineering team and you report to the Manager Advanced Process Engineering. The Process Engineering team is responsible for the design of the assembly lines for new projects. In close cooperation with Operations and with our suppliers they build and maintain the lines. It is your challenge to balance customer requirements against Quality, Time and Budget while it is also important to comply with local production requirements.
What do you do as Process Engineer?
- Define production strategy for new programs;
- Drive Design for Assembly / Manufacturing process to achieve optimal designs for assembly;
- Drive and define the Process FMEA activities to identify all risks for production and define and manage a risk mitigation plan;
- Manage all equipment activities from specification up to validation / start of production;
- Responsible for equipment definition, management and installation (functionality/architecture/robustness/
- stability) for new lines or existing lines in case of major modifications;
- Prepare documentation (Control plan, Visual instructions) for internal users;
- Prepare training for internal users of installed equipment;
- Define a road map for future developments (in consultation with Advanced Engineering);
- Research to come to a higher automation level for Inalfa's production processes;
- Manage knowledge transfer to manufacturing / operations after start up period.
The Successful Applicant
What do we expect from you?
- You have a finished degree in Mechanical Engineering / Production Automation on a BsC or MSC level.
- At least 3 years of work experience (preferably as a Process Engineer a.i.). Automotive experience is a plus but not always necessary.
- We do expect you to have knowledge on Production Automation, Lean Production Systems and state of the art machine controls systems. Knowledge of Equipment Controls is a plus.
- Experience with 3D CAD packages, Inventor is a plus.
- As a professional you have a service/customer oriented approach with good analytical skills. In your work you focus on results and you are able to manage your planning and set priorities.
- As the Automotive industry is focused on Quality you are as well. Therefore you bring good problem solving skills with a pragmatic and pro-active approach.
- It is important to have good communication skills in English and/or the Dutch language. German is a plus.
- The job involves travelling.
What's on Offer