You are here
Principal IT Architect
- International market leader
- IT Architect with 10 - 15 years experience
About Our Client
A world leading company in medical devices with a strong focus on innovation.
The Principal Architect role leads key activities in mapping business needs to technology solution definition in partnership business stakeholders, IT business analysts, delivery teams, and enterprise architects. This role will bridge "what" business capabilities are needed with "how" to efficiently deliver those capabilities using technology.
Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs through product / service IT strategies. Collaborate with business and IT subject matter experts to identify alternative solutions and provide advice on risks and cost/benefit impact.
- Understanding of business strategies and execution models across business groups and regions (as appropriate). In partnership with the business, PMO and Global IT Process teams, participate in documenting key business directional strategies, objectives, and measurements (i.e., what does the business want to achieve, by when, and what measures are defined to assess success or opportunities).
- Partners with the business, PMO, process leadership, and project team members to establish business capability definitions; define business capability needs, assessment (maturity and value) and roadmap capability needs across business lines (with timelines to support anticipated business capability needs & strategies).
- Partner with business PMO and Process team leadership to lead program and project business value assessments as part of project ideation, initiation, and assessment (aligned to EPMO processes). Business value assessments should be leveraged as key inputs to business capability enhancement decisions, funding requests, and solution scope definition.
- Provide consultation to the business PMO and Process teams in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling solutions based on business capability needs.
- Assess near-term needs, understand business priorities working with the Process teams; consult with Enterprise Solution Architects, Technical Architects & Data Architects to develop alternative solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business capabilities, processes and priorities.
- Partner with Enterprise Solution Architects and Data Architects to contribute to the completion of project Architecture Definition Documents (ADDs).
- Take a leadership role in the completion of Solution Selection analyses (where existing solutions are evaluated or new solutions may be required to adequately meet business capability needs) in alignment with the Solution Selection Policy & Procedure.
- Partner with Enterprise Solution Architects to ensure business capability and process needs are aligned to technical roadmaps (e.g., technical roadmaps are aligned to properly support business capability improvements as programs and projects are executed).
- Participate in enterprise architecture development & strategic alignment, including business architecture, technology architecture, information architecture, and feedback supporting technical architecture (platforms, applications); contributes to technical & program / project roadmaps.
- Involved with project at the time of inception and active involvement in the functional requirements analysis as part of the initial requirements.
- Participate in the creation of user stories, business requirements specifications, test plans, integration & interface mapping, data mapping and business reporting / information management.
- Participate in the delivery of solutions as key technical expert.
- Define guidelines to maintain transparency, quality and progress of coding.
- Act as point of contact for all architecture related questions / problems triggered by the architecture advice.
- Check compliance to architecture guidelines and take appropriate action where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master's degree in IT or with related experience in IT preferably in a large IT organization OR a relevant master degree or bachelor degree with equivalent experience;
- Experience aligned to a relevant architecture discipline (integrations, data, services, infrastructure);
- Experience and strong knowledge of Enterprise-class architecture concepts, definition, and creation;
- Experience working with data integration, exchange, and/or warehousing solutions and experience with Enterprise-class data modeling methodologies and tools;
- Experience in information architecture or experience as data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles;
- Experience with data architecture of cloud-based solutions (e.g., applications (SaaS), platforms (PaaS), and infrastructure (IaaS)) within an Enterprise environment;
- Software Development +10 years;
- .Net Technologies +10 years;
- Web API, ASP.Net, ASP MVC, C# : Expert level;
- Queue \ Software bus experience;
- .Net 4.6 experience;
- .Net IOC experience;
- Fluent in English.
What's on Offer
A challenging international environment in combination with good benefits.