You are here
- EP & Uk Patent Licences
- Technical background in Mechanical or Chemical arts preferred
About Our Client
Our international client, Schlumberger, is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterisation, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 113,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimise reservoir performance For one of its corporate headquarters', location The Hague, our client is currently looking for an experienced, strong, passionate and enthusiastic Patent Attorney. The headquarter in The Hague houses Schlumbergers' Treasury and Corporate teams, as well as the HQ staff for its World Wide Engineering and Manufacturing functions. Currently there are approximately 100 employees at this location, including 5 in the IP legal team.
The Patent Attorney will have a key role within clients' IP Legal team. The main responsibilities can be described as follows:
New application filing support
- Responsible for preparing and filing new patent applications in both EP and GB;
- Coordination together with the clients' other in-house IP Attorneys (located WW) who prepared the first filings, in order to prepare the filing packages for EP/UK.
Prosecution and docket management
- Responsible for the cost effective management of clients' EP and GB patent prosecution dockets;
- Corresponding with clients' other in-house IP Attorneys who prepared the first filings, in order to formulate an effective EP/GB prosecution strategy;
- Prepare suitable responses and file these with the applicable office;
- Identify prosecution matters which should be outsourced to clients' preferred outside patent prosecution counsel.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve clients' best practices in responsible areas, with an emphasis on cost savings and process simplification and streamlining;
- Proposing improvements to the IP Legal Management team and assisting in implementation of the improvements across Schlumberger.
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced degree in a mechanical, chemical or technical-based subject;
- Being registered to act as a Patent Attorney before the EPO and the UK Patent Office;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience as a Patent Attorney or as in-house IP Specialist within a multinational company, oil field experience is a plus;
- Heavy prep/prosecution experience;
- Excellent understanding of EP and UK patent law;
- Dedicated team player and able to work independently;
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral).
What's on Offer
Challenging position, competitive package.