You are here
parttime Learning & Development Specialist
- parttime Learning & Development Specialist
- Parttime L&D positie - Internationale Engineering consultant
About Our Client
Arup is a well established international Engineering Agency Company with Scandinavian roots.
The focus of this role is on growing technical and specialist training across all of our skills networks (SN) and regions. The team works with internal subject matter experts to diagnose, design, deliver and evaluate technical and specialist learning. This role requires the candidate to manage the process, budget and stakeholders involved in diagnosing, designing, delivering and evaluating learning.
This role is part of the wider company University Learning team, sitting within the Technical learning team. The parttime Learning & Development Specialist liaises closely with the L&D professionals in HR, the wider Company University Team, and Subject Matter Experts (SME) throughout the company.
The role is focused on supporting the development and management of technical/specialist learning across the company. On average 2-3 days a week will be spent operationally making a positive difference with those working on the technical learning agenda in a specific region. As the role holder will have responsibility for 2 regions, the ratio of time spent per region will vary depending on project workload and needs prioritised by the regions.
Responsible for managing the development of Company University Technical and Specialist Modules in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Diagnosing Learning Needs
- Review, support and track the portfolio of technical offerings for all SN's to ensure all learning activities meet the ongoing needs of the designated Region.
- Support the development of learning paths into meaningful frameworks for technical learning in the Region
- Designing Learning
- Where the need is from one specific region or is primarily focused in the designated region, undertake design activity with trainers/course designers. Advise on methodology and contribute to the early design thinking on the programme.
- Assist trainers with the quality of their design materials, the writing of learning objectives and training plans.
- Undertake design reviews with trainers in the development of new programmes to ensure objectives and materials are congruent.
- Work with regional Learning & Development to advertise through the appropriate channels.
- Delivering Learning
- Support 'first runs' of face-to-face classroom courses with trainers and facilitate review of feedback to ensure that quality of delivery is established early on. Services can include observation/attendance at first run for priority networks/programmes but will not be standard for all courses.
- Evaluating Learning
- Advise on the appropriate method of evaluation aligned with regional guidelines to demonstrate skill/knowledge transfer and return on investment (ROI).
- Managing Internal Funding Mechanism
The Successful Applicant
Skills / Attributes required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience of the full cycle of learning design - diagnosis, design, delivery and evaluation, for both face to face and e- learning
- Project Management experience - proven ability to operate and lead a project through all its stages, from inception to post investment review
- Stakeholder Management - Particularly managing requirements, helping to clarify needs and priorities, and managing expectations
- Hands on experience of data management and reporting systems Soft skills:
- Commercial mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and coordinate stakeholders remotely, across multiple countries and working cultures
- Strong technical aptitude with willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Strong team focus
- High Excel proficiency (ex. filters, linked pages, look up functions, pivot tables) is advantageous
- Experience developing E-Learning is advantageous
What's on Offer
A parttime Learning & Development Specialist position in an exciting international working environment being part of a highly skilled University & developement team. This position is based in Amsterdam.
Based on 3 days/24 hours we offer €1.800 - €2.250 gross per month.