You are here
- Legal Assistant
About Our Client
Our Client is a family owned international shipping company operating worldwide. It operates and manages a fleet of more than 160 vessels and is active in a variety of business segments, amongst others: livestock carriers, offshore wind turbine installations, chemical tankers and car carriers.
For its Legal Department our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic Paralegal preferably with experience within the maritime sector. The Paralegal will be part of the Legal Department consisting of 11 professionals and will report to the Group Legal Manager.
The Paralegal will be providing the Legal Department with assistance mainly with regard to claim handling, maritime insurance and contractual matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Law degree.
- Affinity with the maritime sector and with maritime insurance.
- Comprehension of / interest in technical maritime issues is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of claim handling and contract law.
- Understand the needs of an international company with worldwide operations.
- Flexible, hands-on and able to manage a large number of issues simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills on various levels and service driven.
- The business language is English, so you can express yourself perfectly in English both written and verbally. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a preference.
- Team player, multitasker, great analytical skills.
What's on Offer