You are here
- Outbound Manager
- Warehousing, Transport, Change Management, Process Improvement
About Our Client
Leading Life Sciences Company
- Responsible to manage outbound of goods for the EMEA region from order release to hand over to the customer; in time and in full meeting defined Customer and the organization's requirement, while driving for lowest costs.
- Responsible for end-to-end (inbound, storage, outbound) cool ware process; in time, infull meeting defined Customer and the organizations's requirement
- Responsible for local procurement activities, meeting Global Buying Policy and ISO 90001 and including vendor management.
- Responsible for setting and meeting KPI's on Outbound and other assigned Supply Chain related responsibilities; E.g. financial, service, staff, quality.
- Responsible for execution of root cause analysis on internal and external complaints, leading into sustainable preventative actions.
- Ensure HR responsibilities direct and indirect report are executed in accordance with Organizational standards.
- Ensures full compliance with all applicable local government and global trade regulations and duties.
- Responsible for the development and growth of departmental staff and enhancing the overall skills & capabilities of the department.
- Responsible to ensure departmental staff operates according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI). Including training new hires or change management when SOP and WI are updated.
- Support implementation of supply chain strategy to optimize manufacturing, marketing and distribution
- Responsible for correct and timely freight recovery, based on predefined agreements with the Customer; in close collaboration with all internal stakeholders
- Responsible to execute monthly accrual process; ensure department spend with external vendors is recorded in the most accurate manner.
- Responsible for timely and correctly executing of quarterly shipment revenue recognition process.
- Responsible to fulfil urgent orders that require movements of stock between two warehouses by defined processes.
- To ensure best shipment method for outbound shipments collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, defining the balance for on-time delivery and proper packaging of materials, while achieving lowest possible transportation costs.
- Responsible for Organization-owned at Customer facility stored inventory, VMI process
- Leads the cross departmental effort to ensure excellent housekeeping conditions in all working areas in the warehouse.
- Responsible for regular Business updates on Outbound activities.
- Ensures KPI's, internal controls and staff related records are always up-to-date
- Ensure business strategies are linked with individual and team based objectives and development plans all direct and indirect reports.
- Demonstrate pro-active and can-do behaviour to ensure continuous improvements environment is created. Define and execute on opportunities for continuous improvements in the field of Supply Chain and other related processes.
- Effective communication with other local and global disciplines
- Execute environmental program for all warehouse and distribution activities, including monthly reporting, in collaboration with the HS&E supervisor
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent understanding of warehouse processes, technologies, training methods, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to set and communicate priorities and work in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent management skills to apply Lean tools and philosophy to own department
- Excellent operational management skills
- Excellent change management skills and ability to understand the impact of change
- Excellent people management skills. Excellent follow up skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong ability to multiply leadership skills to others
- Able to support and build strategy for Supply Chain
- Strong understanding on implications of business strategy, processes and internal organization
- Strong ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment.
- Team player with solid skills in group decision making
- Process oriented, able to establish/design, implement and measure processes effectively
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, supervisors, and managers to achieve short and long term goals.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- At least 5-7 years' experience within a dynamic & changing logistic environments
- At least 3 years proven leadership record
- Proven track record on improved Warehouse & Distribution processes
- Proven experience in multicultural matrix organization.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Advanced Excel
- APICS certified
- AEO management experience
- ADR/IATA experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft order management
What's on Offer