You are here
Network Engineer with at least 5 years' experience
Knowledge of Cisco is a must
About Our Client
As a Network Engineer you are responsible for providing advanced engineering and operational support to maintain and enhance local and wide area networks and electronic security.
You will be working as a senior member of the network team to ensure availability and access to critical systems and services. Project management and leadership is required to implement business initiatives, introduce new technology as well as maintaining and continuously improving existing systems.
- Support and maintenance of Networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN), Firewalls, Proxy's, IDS/IPS, VoIP, etc.
- Ensure network and electronic security availability
- Project management and leadership of approved IT related projects
- Maintain security and assure compliance with SOX and corporate internal controls
- Evaluation/recommendation and implementation/support of new technologies
- Work with the Global IT teams to maintain and ensure the integrity of the environment
- Management and performance analysis
- Back-up and disaster recovery
- Provide advice, technical direction and training to IT support staff
- Documentation to ensure change control: IT procedures, network diagrams, etc.
- Prioritize between project work and support tasks
- Build and maintain relationships with users and other experts
- Keep track using helpdesk tool of issues assigned
- Will share on-call responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in (technical) IT
- 5+ years' experience in network / security support
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge and experience with Juniper Switches, Firewalls and Security Appliances is a plus
- Demonstrated project management skills in implementing systems and infrastructure projects (identifying tasks, allocating resources, developing project timelines, managing project budget, communication of project status)
- Experience at maintaining system documentation
- Experienced in supporting a multi-site environments
- Proactive and results focused; ability to work through obstacles
- Accepts accountability within area of responsibility
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving complex issues
- Ability to provide advice, technical direction and training to IT support staff
- Excellent in English (both spoken and written)
What's on Offer
Challenging position as Network Engineer within an international organization to ensure. This combined with a competitive salary (including 12% bonus).