You are here
Manufacturing Control Manager
€80.000 - €90.000added 23/11/16
- International player within the chemical industry
- Manufacturing Manager with strong accounting background
About Our Client
Our client is a large international player within the chemical industry who markets and sells its products globally, located centrally in Rotterdam.
- Monthly (yearly) manufacturing cost reports for the plant as well as for business, corporate and senior management including fixed and variable costs.
- Monthly accounting and month end close related activities.
- Periodical reviews in close conjunction (or cooperation) with plant management, understand the drivers of costs, provide analysis of the underlying trend, utilities and fixed costs spending, understand carry over and phasing effects.
- Financial forecasts for responsible plant location.
- Budget processes at the plant, which includes responsibility for the annual fixed & variable budget co-ordination, plus monthly Latest Estimate (LE) forecasting.
- Yearly physical and PPE inventory observations.
- Assist with internal audits and internal controls for Management at plant location(s)
- Ensure complete and correct documentation to be provided to the CBS and auditors (SOX assessment, SOX compliance and Statutory Reporting).
- Identifying cost improvement opportunities at plant locations and drives recognition of cost savings to a documented result.
- Ensure compliance with various manufacturing service contracts and participates in contract revision processes (ie Utility, membership and land lease contracts).
- Monitoring Co2 emission rights. Validate and review all Co2 related postings in the system together with the Accounting team. Manage information for reporting purposes internally.
- Participate as a member of the turnaround Management team committee to achieve manufacturing goals, insures compliance with company financial policies and procedures, manage financial and administrative support services that satisfy business needs.
- Looks for opportunities to improve monthly close process and generates recommendations of change.
- Develops and maintain cost center structure, cost center hierarchy and cost center grouping for reporting and alignment purposes.
- Monitoring project and fixed asset accounting expenditures, capitalisation of projects, PPE inventory participation.
- Frequently interface with management staff. Develops working relationships with financial and business personnel at all levels throughout the organisation to ensure appropriate coordination of activities.
The Successful Applicant
- This position requires at least 10 to 15 years of experience in a financial or manufacturing accounting role.
- Team management experience
- A Bachelor/Master degree with a major in accounting, finance or other related business degree.
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge and experience of ERP and data retrieval / analysis preferable with SAP and business warehouse.
- Petro-Chemicals Businesses Processes Knowledge
- Expertise in SAP and MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written English required in dealing with all levels of management and outside contacts.
- Very good leadership skills
- High analytical capacity. Ability to analyse and synthetize complex situations and topics for management.
- Communicates messages in a clear way and builds consensus around complex issues
- Possesses high level of customer attention and focus with appropriate discipline toward being the Financial Conscience for multiple site leaders.
- Needs to view themselves as an owner of the business and understand the challenges of the Sites and Units involved. Strong Business Acumen.
- Has a critical role in inspiring others both in and outside of the CFO organization to perform tasks impacting the overall financial performance of the site(s).
- Effectively fosters positive working relationships.
- Expected to coach and teach those inside and outside of the CFO organization driving toward a well-rounded supported organization.
- Able to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
- The clear liaison between the site and the financial functions.
- Able to assist the site and groups in simplifying Accounting or Financial processes
- Capable of pushing back on any business partners when circumstances require.
What's on Offer
International organisation with excellent career development opportunities.