You are here
Manager Finance - VAT Compliance
- Managing position
- VAT compliance & accounting
About Our Client
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with their customers, they are driven to make health care better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
The Manager Finance - VAT Compliance will be responsible for:
* Making sure VAT, Intrastat and ESL are reported on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, for the VAT registrations in Europe for the Dutch logistics company, Stryker LRD's, some European Distribution entities and one Irish entity with a Dutch VAT registration in conjunction with KPMG (Our Global VAT Services Center Hungary). In total more than 30 VAT registrations.
* Supporting on various VAT audit resolutions concerning the VAT registration mentioned above;
* Reclaiming VAT within Europe under the 8th and 13th directive;
* Addressing any other VAT issues that comes up within Europe;
* Assisting with EY audits on VAT area for above entities;
*Develops guidance and works closely with Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Accounting to make sure the accounting treatment of VAT is accurate and complete;
* Works closely with Accounting to make sure VAT returns reconcile to the General Ledger for the various entities.
* streamlines VAT compliance process at Stryker entities in order to make sure various ERP's can handle efficient VAT compliance work;
* Makes sure the supply chain changes from current state, to interim state, to final state are implemented correctly from an ERP, invoicing, reporting, inco terms perspective;
* Reviews on regular basis whether compliance was done correctly in current, interim and final state and whether there is reconciliation between the entities in the supply chain;
* Makes sure all entities have the correct VAT registrations in the various countries and de-register where necessary;
* Advises on ad hoc VAT issues and reviewing draft contracts / draft VAT clauses for contracts resulting from the business and supply chain transformation;
* Primary point of contact for VAT (related) projects
Internal Controls and Compliance:
* Ensure all core processes are documented, including clear identified risk and control points;
* Ensure an efficient and effective system of internal controls to maintain compliance with SOX 404, anti-corruption / anti-bribery laws and regulation, Stryker policies and procedures and any other relevant laws and regulations;
* Proactively identify and report any compliance issues or emerging risks.
* Supervises staff
* Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated and documented
* Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
* Monitors and analyses department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
* Ensures that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions
* Delegates tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements
* Provides training to new and existing staff as needed
The Successful Applicant
Ability to identify and implement innovative solutions to meet business requirements, proven leadership with the ability to lead teams, ability to establish and communicate priorities, accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines, able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner, able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation, flexibility around travel.
* Qualified in Finance, Accounting and/or Tax
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant working experience within a multinational (preferably US based) company with a complex VAT structure
* Fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus
* Familiar with USGAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act
* Familiar with Oracle/Hyperion
* Managerial experience
What's on Offer