You are here
€3.950 - €5.270Updated 04/04/17
A Customs Manager
for one of the biggest transporting companies
About Our Client
- You will be responsible for Eindhoven, Venlo and Roermond
- Researching customs compliance issues
- Developing and communicating operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assisting the organization in petitioning for relief from punitive action taken by any government agency
- Managing overall compliance for customs operations
- Anticipating and taking action to prevent violations that may subject UPS SCS to civil and criminal penalties and liquidated damages claims
- Providing information to government agency officials as needed to ensure continued confidence in UPS SCS operations
- Managing brokerage team: guide and train staff, set priorities, manage employee performance, interview and hire employees, develop employees, coordinate special projects as requested
- Ensuring brokerage team work is executed correctly: timely and accurate submission of customs, declarations;intra-extrastat declarations to various authorities (e.g. Customs; Tax; CBS; etc..), post and pre entry work (validations on EDI)
- Create and monitor reports on C&FT details; for Customers and internal use
- Auditing files
- Advice customers regarding C&FT related matters
The Successful Applicant
- Education Level: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
- Customs Broker License required.
- Experience: minimum 5 years of industry experience, with at least 2 years focused on regulatory compliance issues (i.e. training, auditing). Work experience should have provided the candidate with an in-depth knowledge of import/export procedures and practices, with special emphasis on customs regulations and applicable laws.
- Knowledge on GPA
- Skills:Analytical, Customer Focus, Customs, PC literacy, Presentation skills, Problem Solving, Management skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package with bonus and car.