You are here
Manager Business Development and Strategic Partnerships
Do you have a background in the (Business) travel industry?
Our client is a leading provider of corporate travel payment solutions.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of corporate travel payment solutions for over 43,000 corporate customers worldwide. They are well known for innovations & expertise in the Business Travel Payment & Analysis arena. With about 1,200 employees globally the client is a competent and reliable partner in matters relating to Business Travel Management.
The main job responsibilities:
1) drive innovation in distribution channel management to generate leads and
2) create new business opportunities that can generate additional volume and/or value to the chain.
- Development of the current contact base in the segments Travel Trade & Strategic Partnerships, with the aim to increase further growth in sales;
- Implementation of commercial activities for new and existing services and products for all clients in the segments TMC & travel trade, travel solution partners and any other supplier that increases value to our customers;
- The Travel Trade segment includes: Travel Management Companies, Travel agency groups and Independent Leisure agencies, IATA agencies and non-IATA agencies, Online Travel Agencies (all E-model organizations);
- The travel solution partners and strategic partnerships, includes, but not limited to: GDSs, mid- & back-office providers, online booking tool providers, car rental companies. Expense management tool providers, ERP providers etc.
- Account management for a predefined list of customers and partners in the Netherlands for the Segment TMC & Travel Trade (implementation, relationship & client retention management / distribution channel management);
- Responsible for the coordination of the partnerships of a defined group (training, information sharing, identification of technical support);
- New Business sales of products and services in the segments;
- Manage and convert partner lead referral agreements to boost sales.
The Successful Applicant
For this challenging position you need to have a background in the (Business) travel industry as well as knowledge and/or strong affinity of technical and financial processes is a strong plus. You have to a minimum of 5 years of sales, partnership and/or business development experience.
- Ability to negotiate and to convince others, gain agreement or acceptance of plans;
- Activities and ability to move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action;
- Sales driven personality with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed in a highly results driven environment;
- Goal-oriented, deal closer, assertive, driven, self-motivated;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, business acumen, confident, enthusiastic;
- Ability to identify and develop new and creative channels for revenue generation & obtaining new business;
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritize work and handle pressure;
- Team player with a strong work ethic that takes ownership of their job;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships in business on a mutually satisfying basis;
- Analytical skills required, project management skills a plus;
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive gross fixed salary per year + competitive bonus + company car. Our client have also flexible working times, flat hierarchies and varied work on innovative projects create an ideal environment for your personal success. Besides, the made-to-measure further education and training options offer an excellent development possibility for your career.