You are here
Manager BI CoE
- Extensive knowledge in BI is a must
- Experience with setting up a BI Competence Center
About Our Client
We are looking for a Manager of the BI CoE who can set up Centre of Excellence department in the Netherlands and can guide our client to the next level of BI usage.
The manager BI CoE will have a strong liaison role with the Benelux organization and also needs to develop close relationships with all the different countries of the group to ensure that requirements of different countries are met by the developed solutions.
The department BI CoE is a new department that will be created due to the increasing importance of business intelligence within the company. A team needs to be formed and will be spread over The Netherlands and Germany. The manager BI CoE will lead a team of approximately 6 to 8 professionals and manage the requirements of all the countries within the BI strategy of the group. The BI CoE will analyse new requirements and build solutions, both structurally and ad-hoc. Furthermore the department will support and advise the business in making decisions whereby data is the basis for the right decision.
Development of the solutions will take place locally or at the central BICC. In all cases developments and ideas will be agreed with the BICC to ensure consistency within the group and a maximum usability for all countries within the group. The aim of the department is to improve the present systems and to develop new solutions and successful systems that will be used worldwide.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily management of the BI CoE
- To build the department BI CoE and develop skills of BI consultants
- Identifying the needs of the countries and representing these needs to the BICC
- Signalling solutions in the market and translate these to our business model
- Working with the central BICC to develop new and refine existing solutions
- Piloting new systems and solutions and appraising their possible use within the group
- Ensuring that all the requirements of multiple countries are met regarding to BI
The BI CoE will be based in the Netherlands and this department will work in close collaboration with the corporate BI department and the Director ICT.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant education at degree level, preferably a numerate subject involving mathematics and statistics, e.g. computer science, maths, engineering or an equivalent area
- Solid background (5 years+) working with and implementing BI solutions
- A thorough understanding and experience of implementing and supporting BI projects
- Experience working with multi-dimensional databases (MOLAP, ROLAP)
- Understanding of data modelling and data warehouse concepts
- Idea driven with the ability to spot the link between data and business
- Experience of a range of business analytics tools and methodologies
- Analytical and process driven
- Retail experience in a large company and at store level
- Management experience in a professional environment
- Convincing and influencing management style
- Up to date knowledge of BI and all relevant techniques
- Thorough knowledge of the current users tools in BI
- Able to communicate with an enormous variety of stakeholders
- Able to communicate in English, other languages are an advantage
What's on Offer
A great opportunity as Manager BI CoE to build and develop the BI Centre of Excellence within an international growing company. This is in combination with a full comprehensive benefits package (including company car).