You are here
- A new role, where building up the audit function is essential.
- Working for a Global Logistics Provider
About Our Client
Large multinational logistics provider with a strong presence in contract logistics and ocean freight. It is a new role, where building up the audit function is essential.
One of the roles of the regional organisation located in Hoofddorp besides act as management centre providing strategic direction is to set or align with headquarters strategy, setting standards, improve performance, improve risk control, maximise synergies, optimising and safeguarding resources and strengthen innovation. The corporate team is responsible for setting European standards and execute risk control and make sure that these are followed. An internal audit function is created by the shareholder in Japan, however their scope is limited to financial and organisational matters and issues like IT compliance and Health & safety are not included. The audits on behalf of the shareholder are performed by multiple teams, including an internal audit team mentioned in the picture assigned to NYK Group Europe (NGE) with a dedicated team, but also ad-hoc audits by planning or finance.
The role of Manager Audit, Assurance, Quality, H&S is to provide assurance that our clients Logistics Europe organisation's risk management, quality systems, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively and that health & safety is assured through the region.
The scope of the role is: * Risk Management; * Quality system (including management, control & assurance - ISO 9001) * Governance (including J-SOX); * Health & Safety + Environment (OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001); * Legal compliance including anti-corruption and anti-trust; * IT compliance & security;
The Manager Audit, Assurance, quality, H&S is part of the team as stated functionally below, function place 'Internal Audit', reporting to the corporate director. The focus is auditing
The internal Manager Audit scope for the European companies will be broader and includes issues that are fundamentally important to the survival and prosperity of any organisation, looking beyond financial risks and statements to consider wider issues such as the organisation's strategy, reputation, growth (potential), its impact on the environment, Health & Safety, corporate governance & responsibility and the way it treats its employees and ethical issues. The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for assuring the complete (European and global) scope of internal audit is covered throughout Europe and coordinator for the internal audit team assigned by Tokyo, including facilitating and coordinating audits by the team in the European Logistics organisation. This also includes audits performed on behalf of the shareholder not executed by the dedicated team.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement:
1. Providing independent assurance to the board of the current standards of internal control in operations in the field mentioned, throughout the group in Europe 2. Auditing the management of key risks in the organisation 3. Giving assurance that risks are correctly evaluated and follow up is given to them 4. Providing advice, facilitating workshops, coaching the organisation on risk and control and promoting the development of a common language, framework and understanding 5. Acting as a central (European) point for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on risk 6. Supporting local management as they work to identify the best way to mitigate a risk
The Successful Applicant
* Academic level/graduate calibre
* Experience with performing audits
* Drives innovation and improvement
* Plans, prioritises and directs energy to those activities which impact on company success.
* Ability to chair meetings in a professional and structured way.
* Communicating well at various levels with client and within the organisation.
* Experience with IT tools / Office 365 (Excel/word/PowerPoint/SharePoint)
* Communicative skills
* Practical and hands-on
* Independent, professional and self-motivated
* Committed to the organisation core values (integrity, innovation, intensity)
* Fluent in English Knowledge of the following:
* Preferably Quality management systems applicable to logistics, warehousing and distribution industries
* Preferably Standards (OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 28000)
* COSO, (J-)SOX
What's on Offer
Market Conform salary package is offered