You are here
Managing a complex, international distribution network
About Our Client
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at our client.
As a biotechnology pioneer, the client discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, our client fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win.
Ensure the cost effective transportation of our clients product to regional markets
- Ensure supply with a strong focus on compliance, cold chain management and timely and correct transportation of shipments
- Manage supply chain partner- relationships (TSPs, LSPs and distributors)
- Implement best in class solution for supply chain partner management
- Regular performance and business reviews with supply chain partners on current business, escalations, reporting and improvements
- Maintain excellent relationship with LSPs on KAM and management level, making sure Amgen's interests are served to the maximum
- Assess implications of changes in countries legislation that may affect transportation
- Setup and approval of new supply chain partners as per global supplier management procedures, in cooperation with Quality Control team and Strategic Sourcing.
- Build internal network within affiliates and corporate functions and participate in projects and to achieve results in line with the goals and objectives of EU supply chain.
- Continued focus on operational improvements. Identify savings and other efficiency opportunities and drive results while improving quality and performance
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor degree preferably in logistics or engineering.
- 5+ years experience in the logistics industry, in a role of supplier management
- Supply chain, cold chain and warehousing expertise
- Solid experience in project management across departments and geographies
- Experience managing suppliers and improving processes
- Fluent in English, both in verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills (incl. MS Excel) and ability to distill insights
- Independent self-starter, able to work autonomously, under pressure and in teams
- Natural relationship builder in which employer's interests prevail: be soft and on the relationship when possible and be tough when needed
- Strong relational, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Problem solver with high sense of responsibility
- Oversee processes beyond own department
GMP and GDP knowledge
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence tools, six sigma, FMEA.
- Experience SAP and BW
- Experience setting up service level agreements
- Good technical writing skills
What's on Offer
A permanent contract with great secondaire benefits.