You are here
Logistics & Asset Manager
- Leading Supply Chain Solution experts
- Challenging International role
About Our Client
Our client is a European pooling company with strong experience in packaging supply chain management. The core of their pooling division is to identify, quantify and implement customer's needs and savings potential for returnable packaging logistics. They develop bespoke service solutions to meet their customer's specific goals and requirements.
Manage Operations, Asset Management and Customer Support in terms of people, performance, budget and working conditions in a way that enables the organisational unit to reach the goals.
- Ensure an optimal and clear definition of the tasks and responsibilities for the Operational and Asset Management team and Customer Support
- Daily Operational Customer Services relationship management of key stakeholders and suppliers
- Manage, set priorities and coordinate the timely and correct execution of the tasks
- Manage, coach and develop the employees in order to ensure strong leadership and maximise performance and employee engagement
- Set, manage and control the budget, time and costs
- Ensure a working environment that meets the policies and legislation
Optimisation Operational performance
Analyse and improve supply chain processes in order to create operational excellence and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Analyse operational and administrative processes and make proposals for improvements.
- Design, implement and maintain a KPI dashboard in order to optimise process efficiency.
- Design the local policy for flow and depot network.
- Optimise stock planning and depot rotation
- Manage the performance and the contract with 3PL providers
- Project management of (technical) improvement projects
- Support KAM in the tactical account management level
- Management of the Washing and repair 3rd party depot network Define the local strategy for the network's location and plan and optimise the production taking into account quality and costs objectives with the purpose to improve quality and efficiency.
Define the local strategy for the network's location and plan and optimise the production taking into account quality and costs objectives with the purpose to improve quality and efficiency.
- Define the local strategy for the network
- Sourcing of potential new suppliers in each area
- Define short and middle term objectives for production and quality level
- Set, manage and control the budget, time lines and costs.
Coordination and Project management
Manage and control supply chain projects and processes in order to preserve and improve the results.
- Manage logistic and administrative projects and report on progress
- Coordinate the (international) collaboration concerning supply chain processes and activities with Planning, Business analysis, IT and Accounting
- Provide relevant management information and analysis to the management board
Maintain and remain close contacts with clients, prospects, suppliers and transport coordinators in order to improve the results and realise a higher level of client satisfactory.
- Visit customers, suppliers and/or transport coordinators on an ad hoc basis
- Obtain relevant information of clients, prospects, suppliers and/or transport coordinators in order to create and optimise KPI's
- Support the Key Account Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial engineering or related field.
- At least 5 year's working experience as a People Manager in a logistic or supply chain management environment
- At least 5 year's working experience as a Logistics Manager in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial engineering or equivalent job experiences
- Knowledge of supply chain management and logistics, knowledge of return logistics and operations or packaging is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organisational, problem solving and time management skills
- Attention to detail.
- Take initiative, ability to work independently (self-starter) and result driven
- (International) customer driven with a strong focus on operational excellence
- Fluent in English and Dutch, good knowledge of German, French and/or Italian is an pre
- Enthusiastic team builder with a strong sense of humour and integrity.
- Numerical, Microsoft Office, TMS experience
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity to join an international work environment in a challenging and truly international job where you have a key contribution to the company, and the opportunity to develop yourself in a growing company.