You are here
Legal Counsel Employment law
- Employment Law
- IT / Outsourcing
About Our Client
Our client is a listed, fast growing, dynamic and international IT services company. The Legal Counsel Employment Law will support and report to the UK-based employment lawyer.
The Legal Counsel Employment law would be responsible for negotiating all employment aspects of commercial contracts as well as dealing with internal HR issues, such as dealing with employee disputes and conducting any resulting litigation (whether personally or with the help of external counsel), providing medial advice to HR and business teams, amending of policies, procedures and contracts and keeping HR and business teams up to date with legal developments.
You may also be asked to advise on wider strategic issues such as the roll-out and use of new technologies or policies and procedures within Europe including privacy and data protection issues where they affect the employees.
The Legal Counsel Employment Law role is EMEA-wide, but while you would be expected to be expert in the jurisdiction in which you have qualified and to build up a basic knowledge of the employment law of other jurisdictions over time, you would use (and manage) external counsel as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role of Legal Counsel Employment Law will posses the following:
- Dutch Law Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an employment law specialist, either in-house or from a leading law firm;
- If coming from a law firm, your practice should be more than 50% advising employers;
- Experience of the IT / outsourcing sector would be preferred but not essential;
- Experience of advising or dealing with more than one country in EMEA;
- Ability to exercise judgment in relation to employment-law matters EMEA-wide (with the assistance of external counsel where necessary);
- Experience in dealing with transactional work and remedial HR advice and litigation / prelitigation.
What's on Offer
Challenging position, competitive package.