You are here
- Legal Associate
- 3-5 years of experience
About Our Client
We are currently looking for a full-time, enthusiastic Legal Associate, for the legal department consisting of 5 dedicated team players, including the supervising Vice President Corporate Legal, who is also responsible for the corporate legal team in Geneva consisting of 5 people.
The corporate legal team has a holistic approach, focusing on the whole of the problem as a way of finding more sustainable solutions, including more stake-holders than legal individuals only, so that a broader focus and contribution to the problem is achieved. You should be aware that the daily work does not consist of drafting isolated documents and clauses, but that each document is part of a larger process that needs to be managed by drafting step-plans, coordination with other departments and functions, obtaining and drafting corporate approvals and taking the lead if necessary, to drive the transaction. You will spend significant time with team members to accomplish this. In addition, you will facilitate other departments, such as tax, treasury, internal audit, finance and accounting, to drive the transaction and to execute within the required time frame.
In this position you are part of the corporate legal team and you report to the Legal Manager.
- As Legal Associate you will be working in close collaboration with the corporate legal team members and your legal, tax, finance and treasury colleagues around the world, to develop and secure internationally accepted governance standards, by participating in cross global transactions and projects
- Projects (purchase and sale transactions, share transactions, capital increases, credit facilities, transfer of contracts, assignments, corporate restructuring, etc.)
- Corporate governance (drafting and preparing the execution of (managing) board- and shareholder resolutions, (monthly) managing board meetings (including preparing agenda, board pack and invitations), minutes of the Dutch holding companies, and shareholder's resolutions or proxies for its subsidiaries, etc.)
- Maintaining and filing all legal documents into the Corporate Databases and Corporate files, coordinate legalizations (apostille) and communications with notaries and outside counsel, maintaining registrations at the Chamber of Commerce etc.)
- Organizing the bi-annual board meetings of the 2 main Dutch holding companies with global Excom members, arranging hotels, flights, taxi's, board room/IT facilities, catering, invitations presenters, arranging agenda-items with global presenters and Excom members, arranging Japanese translations of board pack, assembling English and Japanese board packs, hosting the board meetings and prepare hard copies of board packs. All in close collaboration with global Excom Personal Assistants and the corporate events manager in Geneva, Japan and Amstelveen
The Successful Applicant
- University degree (Master)
- At least 3-5 years of experience as Dutch qualified lawyer, candidate-notary and/or as an in-house.
- Fluency in Dutch & English (both verbal and written).
- Strong communication & interpersonal/cross-functional skills
- Strong MS office (esp. Word, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- High level of accuracy and eye for details
- Priority-setting skills and ability to work under pressure
- Personality is open, innovative, out of the box (outside legal boundaries)
What's on Offer