You are here
Internal Auditor - International Bank
Internal Auditor - International Bank
Internal Auditor - Corporate Trade Finance
About Our Client
Our client is a Japanese bank, located in Amsterdam. It is a fully owned subsidiary of one of the largest ranked Financial Groups in the world. For more than 50 years our client offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in the Netherlands and, through its branches and subsidiaries, in Central and East Europe.
The Audit Department contributes to the execution of a risk-based audit plan, providing suitably independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control and risk management systems, advising Senior Management and contributing to a sound control environment. In addition, the AD helps maintaining an accurate and up to date audit universe, undertaking periodic risk assessments to assess audit needs and priorities.
The AD reports to the Chief Auditor, who in turn reports to the Management Board and subsequently the Supervisory Board. Responsibilities include stakeholder management, maintaining excellent relationships with business partners across the organization.
- To provide advice and support to Management whilst remaining independent. Help drive enhancements to governance in a manner appropriate to the third line of defense. Drive a values-led and risk aware culture.
- Contribute to the Internal Audit risk assessment, annual audit plan and execution of risk based audit coverage, performing ad-hoc audits upon requirement or through self-identification.
- Ensure that the quality of the audit report and documentation meets quality assurance criteria, all audits are executed and reported to Management within the agreed timelines.
- Support the External Audit team as required, and the Internal Audit Office (based in London) when requested. Help ensuring that issues and enquiries raised by regulatory authorities are responded to in a timely and effective manner.
- Help ensuring that all audit work meets the standards set by the Group requirements as well as the Audit Charter and Audit Manual. Contribute to the standardisation of Audit Programs and further global consistency across the audit teams.
- Suitably respond to any ad-hoc requests from local Management.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank's rules, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office, however occasional European travel may be required.
The Successful Applicant
- Certified auditor with professional qualification in Operational Audit (RO / CIA), Financial Audit (RA / CFA) and / or IT Audit (RE / CISA).
- Wide practical experience across financial services disciplines. International, cross border and cross section experience is preferred with a broad understanding and feel of the various local audit requirements.
- Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice.
- High level of personal independence and strong feel for countervailing powers. Strong business acumen, communication skills, networking and influencing skills. Complex problem solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the banks strategy and goals, structures, policies and culture along with a detailed knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and key strategies in own business unit.
- Ability to formulate own business area plans and strategy, taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. An understanding of the Japanese language and culture is preferred.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration package.