You are here
Information Security & Compliance Officer
- Leading company in construction materials
- Information Security
About Our Client
Leading Global Company in building materials and supply of a wide range of materials for the construction industry.
1. Planning & control cycle:
Security: identify and mitigate specific security risks, by:
- Coordinating and assisting in the overall creation and execution of an accepted IT Control framework.
- Ensuring compliance with Company Europe / IT Security Policy
- Actively supporting companies in improving their IT processes and ensuring that IT audit recommendations are appropriately addressed.
Compliance: embed SOX / license / project management controls compliance
- Assessing the design of controls to identify gaps, leading to recommendations
- Advise and guide companies on control implementations and support remediation of control findings
- Gain assurance of third parties over outsourced controls.
Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous optimisation of the IT framework.
3. Performance improvement:
Contribute to performance improvement within companies; this implies amongst others
- Monitoring controls (executions and deficiencies)
- Performing financial excellence (FINEX) assessments and following up on FINEX and audit findings.
- Report on IT Security and Compliance deficiencies of companies receiving services from all Europe IT organisations.
- Provide guidance and support upon request on regulatory compliance or security issues
- Monitor implementation of IT solutions in IT landscape to prevent introduction of new risks (security gatekeeper role)
- Review and challenge auditor's advice, based on best practices, experience, reasonableness etc.
- Provide analyses of IT Security & Compliance risks in order to support decision making
- Build productive relationships with other members of the Technology Leadership team.
- Participate in various initiatives (CyberSecurity, Business Continuity, Anti Malware, SIEM, etc)
- Foster Data Privacy for all IT Architectural & Delivery Design.
7. Audit follow up:
- Monitor internal control, follow up on outcomes of audits
- Coordinate (and possible carry out, through to completion) IT audit recommendations.
- Create awareness for Security and Compliance relates issues
- Share knowledge within the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
- Academic degree in IT Auditing, Risk Management, Security Management
- 5 years relevant experience in these area's
- Experience and track record of success in a similar role
- Broad knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of private and public cloud service implementations
- In depth knowledge of SOX requirements
- Languages: fluently in English; other languages are a pre
- Strong communicative skills
- Ability to build alliances and collaborate across different cultures
- Pragmatic nature, able to understand the business drivers, balancing technical risk and commercial value
- Able to learn new skills and knowledge, picking up on technical, business and political challenges quickly.
What's on Offer
Salary between 70K - 80K gross per year, bonus opportunity of 10%