You are here
An exciting role as Information Architect within a dynamic organization
A highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment
About Our Client
The organization is an international organization that constantly thrives for safer environment. Its location is based in the South-Holland and has an highly collaborative, intellectually stimulating environment.
- Provide vision and leadership on data sourcing, integration and usage across the organization and the Member States to support the business strategy and maximize the value of the information at the organization;
- Establish and evolve the Integrated Data Management concept using modern and innovative information processing and management concepts (like data virtualisation, federation, data lakes, data mining, machine learning) to enable the realisation of target ICT solutions, providing guidance and review for their design and implementation;
- Establish and promote effective processes and a culture for strong data/information quality
- Translate, in collaboration with collaborate with business representatives and the Business Architect, Organization-wide information management needs into an information architecture that optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of business services and processes, while ensuring, in close collaboration with the Security Architect, that the access mechanisms to data and information are compliant with ICT Security, Personal Data Protection standards and organizational operational data processing regimes;
- Develop and maintain the information architecture, including information ontology, information governance mechanisms, information models for core business and administration;
- Assess business cases, project proposals and deliverables, to determine the impact on, and compliance with the information architecture;
- Support the Solution Architects in evaluating and selecting solution patterns, mechanisms and product types required for implementing the information architecture;
- Cooperate with ICT solutions and infrastructure engineering teams in areas directly related to enterprise information architecture. In addition, (s)he will:
- Produce, maintain, update, expand and disseminate the set of information architecture documentation, including standards and road-maps aligned with the companies Regulation, business strategy, the Information Management strategy and the ICT strategy;
- Monitor and/or participate to selected EU, law enforcement, or other relevant forums, and sponsor internal adoption of interfaces and standards, particularly in the area of Law Enforcement information exchange standards such as UMF;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Information Architecture experience in complex, large scale environments: experience in the processes and methods of an established architecture function, involved in architecture definition, specification, communication and change management, and in providing architecture oversight to ICT delivery projects;
- Professional experience in developing information architectures, including business innovation through new possibilities for data generation, collection, fusion, federation and integration, and information distribution (e.g. sensor data, open source data, big data, streaming data, Master/Meta Data Management, improved decision-making driven by networked information);
- Professional experience in analysing business services and processes to identity information needs, products and exchange requirements;
- Professional experience in developing definitions and ontologies;
- Professional experience in information modelling, and visualization of information architecture models;
- Professional experience in standard architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF);
- Professional experience in information standardization and interoperability;
- Experience with the Archimate 2.0 modelling standard or newer;
- Experience in developing C-level reports and briefs related to Information Architecture principles, decisions, products, requirements and solutions supporting business needs.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to draft clear and concise documents on complex matters for various audiences.
- Structured approach to work aimed at getting results;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the internet.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure, both independently and in a team;
- Ability to remain effective under a heavy workload and demonstrate resistance to stress.
What's on Offer
An stimulation environment within a dynamic environment with great primary and secondary benefits.