You are here
- Leading manufacturer of metal beverage packages
- Experienced HSE Manager
About Our Client
Can Pack Group operates in the metal packaging market and has become a leading manufacturer in the last 20 years. Our client is active in the beverage packaging industry in Central and Eastern Europe, and constantly strengthens its market position in Western Europe, Asia and Africa.
Carry out the day to day operations of the HSE & Environment department, monitors and manages systems and procedures to assure the health and safety of personnel working in the facility. Promotes compliance with environmental and safety regulations and ensures the company's Health, Safety and Environmental programs meets the regulations as well as customer requirements.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Write, implement, and manage local and group HSE Programs, Policies, Procedures and Permits (e.g. machine guarding, hot work, PPE, hazard materials, confined space, contractor safety).
- Execute compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Verifies compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation including reporting recordable incidents/near misses.
- Serves as a resource in HSE issues to make recommendations for site management.
- Execute investigations to ensure that work places are free of HSE hazards.
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment (PPE), encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence, provide support and act as a role model.
- Lead in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Ensures that corrective and preventative actions related to incidents, observations, audits, inspections are tracked and completed in a timely manner.
- Implement and supports BHV (Emergency/First aid organization) organization.
- Develops and presents relevant HSE trainings.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Complete HSE reports and KPI's.
- Promote a culture of safety and a culture of care in the role of HSE Manager.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers and governmental emergency and health organizations.
- Risk inventory and evaluation program.
- CE-marking compliance audits.
- Change management / FMEA.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifying competence (knowledge and experience)
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accurate, quality focused, strong planning and organizing skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Min 3 year experience in a HSE Manager role or similar in a Manufacturing and Production environment.
- Holding a Diploma in HSE or other allied fields, (MVK/HVK).
- Working knowledge of accident prevention, root cause analysis, industrial hygiene, auditing, and HSE management practice is a plus.
- Experience and/or knowledge with ATEX, LOTO, OSHA, ISO.
- Good verbal and written knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary package and secondary benefits.