You are here
- HR Officer
- International law firm, Amsterdam
About Our Client
The client is one of the world's leading law firms, helping its clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the four key markets of the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. The firm has 35 offices in 25 countries with over 3000 legal advisors.
The Amsterdam office is a challenging, dynamic, international environment to work in. Our clients represent the top of the national and international business community include financial institutions, investment banks and corporations. Quality of service and professionalism are highly valued, as are initiative and teamwork.
The HR Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the support of the HR Business Partner who offers high quality HR service to our legal departments including many trainee lawyers, Associates and Partners. You will also support the HR Department in general. Tasks and responsibilities include:
Drafting of contracts, various letters, payroll input, memos, holidays, overtime, travel allowance, temporary agents, Peoplesoft (Personnel Information System), new joiners, insurances, etc.
Responding to questions from employees and managers about HR issues by email and by telephone.
- Sickness and Recovery Reports
Registration, monitoring and issuing of sick-leave data both within the office and to external bodies in conformity with internal guidelines.
- Reports and overviews
Preparing staff overviews and compiling reports as well as analysing detailed information.
- Assisting in the execution of the Performance Management Cycle; which includes scheduling regular review meetings and following up with administration tasks;
- Coordinating the administration process relating to (trainee) lawyers education 'procesrechtervaring', Law Firm School, Internal Training etc.;
- Assisting in the organization of the induction program for new joiners;
- Support the operational excellence and efficiency ambition within the team including new technologies and innovative ways of thinking and working.
- (Supporting in) various HR-projects.
The Successful Applicant
In order to perform this role you:
- Have a relevant academic (HBO or WO) degree;
- Have 1-3 years relevant HR working experience in a high demanding and professional business environment;
- Are fluent in both Dutch and English (oral and written);
- Have excellent Excel skills;
- Are a self-starter, perfect planner and have an eye for detail;
- Remain calm and productive under pressure and are a team player;
- Are serviceminded (no nine to five mentality);
- Are fulltime available;
- Are open to change and new ways of working.
What's on Offer
The Amsterdam office is a challenging, dynamic, international environment to work in. The firm's clients represent the top of the national and international business community include financial institutions, investment banks and corporations. Quality of service and professionalism are highly valued, as are initiative and teamwork.
The chance to join a Firm with more tier one rankings than any other law firm. The opportunity to develop your skills by following training and courses via our own Academy. Attractive working conditions and fun in a team of energetic professionals.