You are here
- International company within the biotechnical industry
- Chalenging and diverse environment within a matrix organisation
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to become a Human Resources Generalist for the organisation in the Netherlands. The client is focused on breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. They encourage individuals to excel in creativity and to show strong decision-making skills and to work well in teams.
As an HR Generalist in this role, you will join a dedicated team of HR professionals in delivering exceptional leadership and service to the organisation.
This position is responsible for delivering comprehensive HR services for the Netherlands, supporting operations and people in the Bergschenhoek, Wageningen, and Enkhuizen locations. Reporting directly to the North Europe HR Area Lead, you will also provide support on key projects across the North Europe region, consisting of the Netherlands, UK & Ireland, Germany, and Scandinavia. This role will lead various people initiatives and programs and work closely with people leaders to develop the organisation and people talent. HR expertise will also be utilised to ensure compliance with applicable laws and effective use of company policies and procedures.
Your main responsibilities will be the followings:
- Acting as coach/consultant to people managers. Providing counsel and assisting employees and people managers in resolving complex HR issues, including disciplinary counselling, legal issues, and terminations
- Effectively dealing with local Netherlands and cross-North Europe HR processes in talent acquisition, compensation, performance management and on- & off-boarding of employees
- Partnering with appropriate HR specialist teams to deliver HR operational excellence. This includes staffing, organisational development, compensation and benefits
- Demonstrating active leadership and strong judgement during organisational change efforts
- Supporting and providing guidance on effective use of employee development tools and programs
- Assisting in communication and implementation of corporate culture; leading by example
- Demonstrating strong teamwork in sharing responsibilities for Netherlands people initiatives with team members supporting other functions in the Netherlands as well as across North Europe
- Supporting HR process optimisation across the entire North Europe area
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field; Master's degree preferred. Minimum 3-5 years progressive Human Resources experience required, preferably with at least 2 years HR Generalist experience.
Prior experience working for a matrixed multinational organization strongly preferred
Ability to prioritise and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Ability to work comfortably and influence all levels of a diverse organisation
Ability to work well in a complex environment
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Ability to effectively leverage centralised corporate resources, as applicable
Knowledge of HR laws and practices in the Netherlands is preferred
Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in Dutch and English.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package