You are here
Head of Risk Management
- Further development and execution of the Risk Management function
- Possible future CRO position
About Our Client
For our client, an internationally active Corporate and Retail Bank we are currently looking for a Head of Risk Management. In this role you will be responsible for further development and execution of the Risk function both internally (awareness) and externally (regulators). The bank is steadily expanding and currently employs approximately 45 professionals of which 6 are working within Risk Management. The team consists of 2 financial and non-financial risk supervisors, 1 treasury mid-office employee, 1 credit risk manager and 2 credit risk supervisors.
- Expert and source of information in the field of Credit, Capital, Liquidity and Market Risk, for both the business and the (senior) management,
- Lead financial and non-financial risk management (exc. compliance and regulatory risks) engagements in all aspects,
- Engaging directly with responsible Management Board (CFRO), lead the business day-to-day relationship and manage small teams,
- Risk Appetite and limit setting at organization and for individual business units, running the ERM dashboard, run Risk Culture Scorecards throughout all business units and monitor development,
- Able to make proposals for improvements in these risk areas and presents it to Management Board,
- Responsible for in both external (ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan and stress testing and scenario analysis) and internal projects (Operational Plan, Capitalization and Funding Plan),
- Able to carry out thematic investigations at the request of (senior) management, on its own initiative or at the request of the regulators,
- Represent the second line in the development of new models or modifications to existing methodologies, the qualitative aspects of risk management (ERM, governance, policies, reporting),
- Able to captivate others within and outside own team and department and connect, act as a leader of the business and a role model for staff,
- Responsible for several activities and projects carried out by Risk Management which result in reports aimed at Management Board, Supervisory Board levels as well as for external parties like, supervisory authorities (DNB, ECB), external auditors,
- Review and development of advanced risk management and modelling frameworks: including governance, market risk methodology, backtesting and stress testing, credit/market risk model validation and systems and controls for credit/market risk in medium term
The Successful Applicant
Please note, for this function a candidate must to be fluent in Dutch and English. If not your profile will not be taken into consideration.
- Academic background (Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics or a related field),
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience,
- Solid knowledge of current regulatory and compliance topics in the capital/liquidity domain in banks (recovery and resolution, Basel/CRR-CRD regulations), with a deep specialism and practical implementation/interpretation experience in one or more of these area,
- Knowledge of credit/treasury/capital markets/derivative products, methodologies and financial analytics,
- Experience with qualitative aspects of risk management, such as: governance, risk policies, risk reporting, risk appetite, risk culture, ERM frameworks,
- Broad advisory and project management skills,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and presentation skills.
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration, premium free pension. NO car(allowance).