You are here
Head of Finance
- Head of Finance for Apotex
- Looking for an experienced financial leader
About Our Client
APOTEX is an independent, dynamic, Canadian pharmaceutical company committed to R&D, manufacturing and distributing a broad range of high-quality, affordable medicines to patients, healthcare providers, payers and governments worldwide. We will always meet global regulatory, quality and compliance requirements. We value and respect our employees, our business partners, our suppliers, our customers and the communities we serve while operating with accountability and integrity in everything we do.
The Head of Finance is overall responsible for the Finance Department of Apotex Nederland BV. Sets up financial and tax policies for the short, medium and long term, in cooperation with Apotex HO in Toronto. Provides local and HO functions with appropriate financial oversight. Initiates projects to further professionalize the Finance department and financial processes. Has overall responsibility for treasury and working capital management.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for timely preparation and filing of statutory financial statements and tax returns of the various Apotex legal entities in Nethelands
- Responsible for managing and successfully completing the external audit of the Apotex legal entities in Netherlands
- Ensuring all Apotex entities in Netherlands are compliant with various tax and accounting rules and regulations
- Analysis, reporting and resolving issues of all Hub related activities including recharge of services, profit repatriations, Polish VAT
- Proactively manage and anticipate information needs and requirements and build capabilities (system and human capital) accordingly.
- Manage and coach a team of accounting professionals, including developing internal talent and bringing in external talent as necessary to ensure the financial organization is built-out correctly
- Drawing up monthly reports for the various levels within Apotex Nederland
- Arranging for accounting and tax-related reports to parent company and government
- Acting as primary liaison with banks, auditors, tax authorities and consultants
- Acting as primary contact for the Finance department of Apotex HO
- Establishing accounting and tax strategies with the objective to minimize taxes and maximize efficiency's
- Establish and maintain internal controls relating to asset safeguards, adherence to HO policies and to GAAP
- Produce annual budget and monitor actual performance against it.
- Produce periodic cash forecasts
- Proactively review current financial (inter company) processes and recommend improvement where applicable to increase accuracy and conformity to established accounting standards
- Manage information requests from local and international level on a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree or comparable level in Finance or economics
- 5 years relevant experience in a senior Finance position
- Fluency in Dutch and English is essential
- Maturity and experience in providing functional support in an international environment
- Proven ability to work effectively and negotiate a global matrix organization, whilst influencing at a senior level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities whilst continuing to meet deadlines
- Ability to partner with business leaders business to deliver effective and professional solutions
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills, including ability to influence Senior Leaders across the business and functions.
- Knowledge of SOX, IFRS and GAAP
What's on Offer
This job offers a challenging role in a dynamic, informal environment.