You are here
Head of Desk - Netherlands
Fast-growing international FinTech firm
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses of recent times, with Headquarters in London and 9 offices in Europe. The Fintech company is targeting a growing, underserved opportunity in SME Cross-Border financial services and lending with a unique platform combining data, technology and capital.
Just seven years old, the business now employs in excess of 400 people, has on-boarded circa 18,000 clients, has raised in excess of $100m top-tier Venture Capital, and is expanding both product-offerings and geographical-reach.
Our Client helps eliminate boundaries with:
- Financial services that are normally reserved for large companies
- Business funding for your supply chain
- Tailored currency services
- Their vast global network and all our expertise
They are looking at accelerating growth in the Netherlands through expanding their senior sales team.
As a Head of Desk you will:
- Lead a junior origination team in developing prospects, leading by example, coaching and mentoring your team. You will be responsible for developing their skills and helping them progress through their career.
- Pitching and closing deals with prospective clients, by phone and face to face meetings
- Managing the customer relationship for new customers to ensure smooth on-boarding and first trades.
- Provide accurate forecasting of expected sales volume
- Implement regional sales programs for sales action and training plans with your team and fellow Heads of Desk
- Ensure adherence to company wide sales methodology and sales administration processes
- Involved in recruiting junior sales staff
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrable track record of sales leadership within FX or other cross-border financial services (e.g. import lending, export lending, international payments and collections, cash management)
- Experience in nurturing young talent/professionals
- Strong Financial Services experience and contacts network would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a commercial bank (one or several) selling to mid-size corporates. Coupled with experience in an environment different to a bank (this could be start-up vendor, FX specialist, cash management etc) desirable
- Experience of the local market
- Ideally with business/finance academic background
- Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Proven ability of bringing passion, energy and motivation to a sales organization.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and market share goals.
- Comfortable with a phone sales approach
- First-class communication skills, able to win people's' commitment and buy-in
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, manage and develop people
- Able to develop sales strategies, techniques and tactics based on customer feedback and market environment; presents key selling points, features, and benefits while focusing message on customer needs and expectations
- Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within SMB customers
- Quick learner; strong analytical skills
- Native Dutch and fluent English essential
What's on Offer
- Competitive salarypackage with uncapped bonusses
- Guaranteed and a doubled bonus for the first year
- 25 paid Holidays