You are here
Head of Accounting Services
- Head of Accounting Services - MeteoGroup
About Our Client
MeteoGroup is one of the world's leading providers of full-service B2B weather solutions, operating wherever weather impacts business decision making. Our research and forecasts help customers make more effective critical decisions, increasing revenues, saving costs, improving sustainability and reducing risk.
As Head of Accounting Services (fulltime), you report to the Chief Financial Officer. You have around 15 direct reports in multiple locations, coming from differing business cultures. The role will be based at MeteoGroups key operational centre in Wageningen (the Netherlands). As the team is dispersed, there will be a requirement for travel in Europe to support the staff, assess performance and liaise with the internal customer base. There may also be a need to visit Accounting Service providers who operate on the Group's behalf outside the key operating hubs. The business currently generates approximately €60m of annual revenue.
- Control ledger Accounting for all Group entities bar TopCos (up to 17 entities);
- Production of month-end reporting packs + investigation of variances as requested by GFC/Sector heads;
- Tax returns (monthly/quarterly/annual) liaising with local accountants as appropriate;
- Manage network of accounting services providers, negotiating contracts and monitoring SLA's; develop plan to bring outsourced accounting services in-house;
- Manage credit control, invoicing and accounts payable functions for the Group;
- Supervision and development of Accounting Services team visiting Berlin office regularly;
- Provide analysis for local accountants to convert to statutory format;
- Establish efficient, standardised workflows for all core processes; manage and monitor governance for Dutch legal entity;
- Support and shape implementation of new global ERP system across the group.
The Successful Applicant
- Recognised international accounting qualification with at least 8 years post qualification experience;
- Previous experience of managing a shared service centre in Europe;
- High-level management and interpersonal skills working on a cross border basis;
- Demonstrable experience of operating in an international Finance function of an organisation undergoing rapid change;
- High-level technical accounting knowledge of IFRS. Solid knowledge of other GAAPs, including US GAAP, would be valuable;
- Confidence and credibility in managing non-hierarchical relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Fluent technical and colloquial English is required. The other key language skill sought is German. Other European language skills (eg French/Spanish) would be viewed positively.
What's on Offer
Good remuneration package