You are here
Group Demand Planning Manager
- Demand Planning expert
- Implement and lead a state-of the-art Demand Planning process
About Our Client
Accell Group is an international group of companies active in the design, development, production, marketing and sales of bicycles, bicycle parts and accessories and fitness equipment.
Accell Group's supply chain is complex and currently locally managed. In recent years Accell has grown rapidly both organically and by acquisitions. Accell's business is segmented in Bicycles and Part & Accessories, each with its own dynamics. Bicycles are assembled by Accell and 3rd party suppliers. The frames and components are externally sourced, mostly in Asia, resulting in long lead times and high working capital. Assembly operations are closely located to the end markets to shorten lead times with local component inventories on site.
The group strategy focus is on high end - and premium bicycle market. Accell differentiates itself from the competition through innovations. Coordination and working together with suppliers in the development process and supply chain is critical. Demand management is key as consumer behaviour is becoming less predictable and demand is highly volatile.
The successful candidate will implement and lead a state-of the-art Demand Planning process in which he/she, as the Group Demand Manager, will use his/her demand planning expertise and market intelligence to generate a baseline forecast as input for further Business Unit demand planning, based on specific knowledge of the local markets, customers and sales outlooks. Besides generally supporting the sales community on overall demand planning process he/she will also review and constructively challenge the individual local sales forecasts in order to come to measurable increased forecast accuracy
- Set-up and act as first point of contact and subject matter expert regarding Demand Planning processes and policies, templates and (in collaboration with IT) the required system support across Accell.
- Maintain forecasting templates and master data
- Set and continually refine statistical forecast models to improve forecast accuracy
- Prepare baseline forecast using advanced forecasting techniques based on sales history as input and service to local Sales
- Work and follow up with / challenge local marketing and sales to get accurate additions an corrections to the baseline forecast based on local market knowledge and incorporate product life cycle, promotion and event information
- Lead the implementation of and participate in monthly local consensus demand plan meetings
- Central point of contact to discuss and explain local forecasts to the S&OP Planning Manager, enabling them to have fact based discussions with local management regarding expected Sales
- Manage process for incorporating and communicating off-cycle forecast adjustments
- Monitor and manage performance across the demand planning process
The Successful Applicant
- Proven 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in the area of Demand/ Supply Chain Planning
- Competent in planning process development, implementation and performance tracking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Courage and curiosity to challenge (critical thinker), results-focused
- Strong facilitation, training/ communication, collaboration and engagement skills
- Working to deadlines, targets and key timelines
- Analytical mindset / skills & ability to comprehend extensive planning environments & schedules
- Outstanding working knowledge and experience with MS Excel required
- Education: academic level/ professional education (e.g. Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, APICS CPIM/CSCP or other relevant discipline)
- Prior experience in innovative, product development-driven industries is an advantage
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration package and career opportunities