You are here
Global Operational Excellence Lead
- Our client is a Global Chemical production company
- We are looking for an Operational Excellence specialist
About Our Client
Our client is a wordlwide leading company in Resin Manufacturing, through their specialist products they serve a broad range of applications and industries. With over 60 Production locations worldwide they have a very strong Global market position.
The role plays an active part in the change of the safety culture by positively influencing the people on site, setting a good example and involving the safety aspect in any thought, change or action taken;
Accountable for deployment of agreed Regional and Site Manufacturing Excellence Programs to agreed milestones and performance indicators / targets;
This role will report on ME performance and progress status as agreed;
Arrange and conduct Site Vision workshops and assist Sites management teams to develop/create the ME Site plans;
Roll out standardized training & events program of work, including train-the-trainer processes;
Understand current Site Management Systems, and install new MCRS. This includes key deliverable such as KPI structures, Meeting structures, Meeting terms of references, Short Interval Control & Gemba processes,etc. Coaching leaders and teams through the MCRS installation stages is a key requirement;
Establish Area Status Report (ASR's) & Steps To Milestone Plan (STMP's) per work-streams and support local leadership teams with execution;
Along with the MCRS installation, the role is responsible for facilitating the implementation of various ME techniques and transformation hand-book tools/processes such as Standardized Work;
The role includes responsibility for assisting ME Assessments at sites globally and the collation of best practices;
Teaming with Local ME Coaches is a key requirement;
Help educate Local Site ME teams in principles and processes relating to Manufacturing Excellence;
This role will therefore be responsible for the teaching & mentoring of Site management teams and the ME resources. This will include the development and sign-off on ME resource competencies;
During the Jump-Start phase, this role will support Local Site ME Manager requirements & responsibilities;
Support the management of regional manufacturing excellence costs / budget
Conducting audits to ensure that the ME deployment is sustained.
The Successful Applicant
- 10-15 years Industry experience in the chemical environment;
- 5-10 years Manufacturing Experience - Skills in Deming philosophy application, Lean, Total Quality Management, Reliability Centered Maintenance, are beneficial;
- Experience with EHS culture improvement, Behavioral Based Safety Processes, etc. are preferred;
- Understand Plan, Do, Check, Act process at a fundamental management level;
- English language skills;
- Involvement and track record supporting / program management of cultural change or improvement programs;
- Project management capabilities and competencies;
- Preferred experience with larger multinational company;
- Solid foundation and demonstrated experience in Chemical Processing Operations.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a challenging role in a very international Manufacturing and Production environment. The role of Global Operational Excellence Lead offers a lot of room for future growth. Candidates considering an application should have a high willengness to travel outside of the Rotterdam area.