You are here
Global Business Lead - Sales & Trade Spend Planning
A challenging job in a dynamic company
Develop and progress your career further because of the international character
About Our Client
Perfetti Van Melle is a privately owned international manufacturer and marketer of sugar confectionary and chewing gum. Sitting third in this market globally, they employ over 18.000 employees across 43 operating companies with sales in over 150 countries. The PVM portfolio of products globally contains many household names across all continents such as Mentos, Mentos Gum, Chupa Chups, Alpenliebe, Smint and Frisk.
The successful applicant will join a passionate team where the emphasis is on growing brands to their full potential. If you've ever wanted to work with global brands within an environment that is all about making it happen, Perfetti Van Melle is a great place to ignite your brand management career and offers real opportunities for personal and professional development.
As Global Business Lead - Sales & Trade Spend planning you will:
- Manage the global deployment of the selected Trade Spend Management system (together with the PVM Project Manager & IT lead)
- Lead the definition of PVMs Global Account and Trade Spend Planning, Control and Effectiveness processes
- Lead the setup of a Global System Template for Account and Trade Spend Planning, Control and Effectiveness based on the requirements of key OCs
- Decide on necessary alignment and allowable variations of the globally defined template and manage deviations closely with the project team and Steering Committee
- Prepare Operating Companies for roll-out, perform fit-gap analysis versus the defined template, guide, train and develop the business owners and users during implementation, manage the change after deployment and ensure the indicated impact levels are being met
- Guide and assess the selected Trade Spend System vendor during template development and roll-out; ensure that PVM utilizes vendor best practices where possible
- Ensure continuous improvement of the Trade Spend System, both in the functionalities offered, as well in making complex functionalities easy
- Coordinate support of the Trade Spend System (assist OCs in their needs; single point of contact to IT and the external vendor).
The Successful Applicant
- MS Degree in business | technology | other
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working for preferably a FMCG or retail company
- Effective interpersonal communication and consultative skills, both verbal and written
- Pragmatic and action-oriented attitude, ability to translate business needs into solutions
- Result oriented
- Proven supervisory skills and strong cultural awareness
- Ability to effectively consult with senior leadership
- Sensitivity to intercultural differences within a global group present in all continents
- Team-player who can balance working in a matrix between operating companies, the business units and Perfetti van Melle Group functions
- Entrepreneurial and business driven mindset
- Strong analytical skills
- Leading a major Business & IT transformation
- Strong experience in commercial planning processes, including customer plans & trade promotions management (Sales, Trade Marketing)
- Strong experience and/or affinity in financial planning and reporting
- Having worked on the implementation of a trade promotions management system is a plus
- Proven experience in leading challenging projects and track-record of delivering excellent results to deadlines
Other: the role requires travel to destinations across all continents (50%-75% of the time).
What's on Offer
A challenging job in a dynamic company where you can develop and progress your career further because of the international character and growth possibilities of the organisation. They offer a market conform salary, secondary package and a pleasant working environment which are all part of a custom made package.