You are here
General Manager Orthopaedics
- Young, entrepreneurial company offering varying therapeutic solutions
- Looking for hands-on General Manager Orthopaedics
About Our Client
Our client -a young, entrepreneurial company- offers many varying therapeutic solutions, focusing on different markets such as sports medicine and orthopaedic markets. Their products are both used in different procedures, surgical and non-surgical, related to the treatment of conditions. Our client's product portfolio aims to offer multiple solutions to different indications frequently encountered in the orthopaedic clinic.
Currently, our client is looking for a hands-on General Manager with strong proven experience in the orthopaedic field. In this position, you will be responsible for both the management of a multidisciplinary team as for the management of the product portfolio.
As the General Manager, you will coordinate actions with corporate staff and lead and coordinate the activities of the local site operations and efforts by establishing procurement, marketing, field and technical policies and practices. You will also increase the effectiveness of the management by training, coaching, counselling and disciplining managers. You will report directly to the Business Director and will be working at the office in Amsterdam. In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing direction, insight and planning for marketing activities and business plans of new and existing product lines within the orthopaedic product portfolio; including strategic prioritisation, forecasting, supply chain management, line extensions etc.
- Forecasting sales volumes and financial budgets
- Building customer relationships and identifying business development opportunities
- Participating in or leading various project teams, perform hands on product training
- Managing and contributing on the scientific and technical marketing of the products on various platforms (brochure, symposium, website, social media, etc.)
- Conducting workshops, training, on product demonstrations with distributors and surgeons
- Managing the client's Key Opinion Leader network, distributors and setting up of new KOL's
- Managing of Product Management team locally and internationally (when relevant)
The Successful Applicant
As the General Manager of the office in Amsterdam, you need to have strong management and leadership skills, an analytical and commercial mindset and you need to be hands-on, influential, dynamic and driven and motivated to learn and continuously improve.
- Relevant BSc degree or higher
- Minimum of 8 years of product management experience. Experience in an international role in a top 20 medical technical company is a must
- Minimum of 5 years of multidisciplinary team/project management experience
- Experience in developing and implementing yearly business plans including goal definition, strategies and tactics is preferred
- Demonstrated performance delivering on revenue, market share and/or profitability objectives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and execute multiple simultaneous deliverables and work in a demanding environment
- Domain knowledge of biomaterials and implants for applications in orthopaedic, dental and/or trauma field
- Possesses a KOL network and global distributor network
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills. Other (European) languages are preferred.
What's on Offer
An entrepreneurial environment with responsibilities and a vision. A challenging job with expected travel up to 15%! Corresponding salary and excellent secondary benefits.